Monday, September 22, 2008

A Brush with Deth

Ty and I went out to dinner at a local Thai restaurant on Friday. They have the best Spring Rolls and Sweet and Sour Chicken (non-breaded of course) there. Yum!

I happened to notice the name tag of one of our servers. Deth, something or the other, it said. I wonder how it's pronounced? With a long e or like the word death.

It struck me as interesting. Can you imagine the phone calls if it is pronounced like death?
"May I ask who is calling?"
"Deth"
Click.

4 comments:

*MARY* said...

That's weird. It probably means like happy golden flower or something in Thai.

Anonymous said...

LOL, that would be a weird call, or your daughter is dating him...

who are you going out with tonight? DETH... ummm what?

very interesting, have you googled it?

TJ said...

That's hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Funny funny. Peed my pants funny.