Thursday, September 18, 2008

Are You Prepared?

Not in the "Do you have your food storage all ready to go? Or an 'Ike' is coming." Kind of way. (BTW prayers for those affected by the recent hurricanes. I can't imagine dealing with that.) This is more of a "Are you prepared for the onslaught of pictures that is about to assail you?" kind of way?

Yesterday I followed the advice of Motherboard and stopped procrastinating. I went out with my two daughters and took some pictures of them.

I really don't like the "School pictures" you can go to Target and get MUCH cuter ones there for cheaper than the packages at school. But then you have to drive to Target and drive back to pick up the pictures. Don't really like that...especially with gas prices being what they are. So with the fabulous digital world we live in I started taking pictures of my kids myself. I'm not great at it by any means and my camera is slowly dying (I mean after 12k pics on a small digi how could it not?)

Because said camera doesn't always capture the shot that I want I've put this task off. Yesterday morning I told the girls that we would be doing this "photo shoot" after school. That way I knew they would keep me honest. M walked in the door and off we went. This is what came from the shoot.

(I am deeply, deeply grateful for digital and for the photo editing software that helps these pictures come closer to what I see in my minds eye when I take them.)

Oh and today it's the boys' turn.



















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are cute, S. :) And I agree - school photos stink. We've never bought them - I much prefer to take my own of the boys.

*MARY* said...

Those are gorgeous! You live in a city with purple walls?! Love it!
What kind of software do you use?

Just SO said...

Thanks ladies!

Mary I use PaintShop Pro. I think it's version 9. I'm just stumbling my way around it but I love it.

Anonymous said...

those look awesome S!!! and J is such a mini you... they both have grown so much.!

you have a talent my dear

TJ said...

Your pictures are great, you're girls are so cute.

KTsMommy said...

Awesome pics!

Yash said...

Cute Gurls , & the special thing is that you being father is doing all great things to them , that make them feel good. & i don't understand what is label "Are You Prepared " prepared for what photoshoot or upcoming life.