Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Random Thoughts

I'm enjoying the book The Story of Edgar Sawtell so far. There are a couple of parts where it goes into some genetic stuff about dogs that reminds me of being in college and learning about evolution and those parts are a bit long. But all in all it's wonderfully written. I wish I could write like that. I'm about 3/4 of the way through.

I hate it when someone leaves tissues in their pockets and they got through the wash. What a mess.

I'm slowly feeling better about the dogs. It's hard to look out back and not see them. But it's good not to hear Zeke barking meanly at someone who is out there in the parking lot next door.

I'm debating on opening an etsy store of my own. Does anyone know how easy/difficult this is? Any good advice or just advice?

I need to stop down to the library today because they have three new books waiting for me to pick up. Coraline and Good Omens by both by Niel Gaiman. These look like good Halloween novels. And The Theif by Megan Whalen Turner.

I also need to head to a craft store and get some more patterned paper and some paint for items I am making for a craft boutique this Saturday.

And my final random thought from a great demotivator poster....

8 comments:

Jillene said...

I LOVE to read so I will have to check these books out!

I HATE whining!! It is one of my pet peeves! I hate it when my kids do it, I hate it when other peoples kids do it and I ESPECIALLY hate it when adults do it!!

Kristina P. said...

What kind of stuff would you Etsy? I have no idea how to do any of that stuff.

*MARY* said...

Join ANY soccer team, those babies.

Anonymous said...

that soccer pic is hillarious! have you showed it to michele?

LMBO!

I have no advice for your selling stuff :( sorry but good luck

Just SO said...

Kristina it would mostly be home decor signs for different seasons.

Kristina P. said...

Shanna, do you have any pictures? I would love to see some.

Wendy said...

I have a friend who does etsy, I don't think it is hard, have you ever sold on ebay, just about the same, just take a photo and list it!! Good luck, let me know I'll buy something from ya on etsy baby! p.s. I like your Utes on your blog, do you go Erin the Greats' blog she was U bashing, and saying the Y would win, SO my comment was F the Y!!! ya know how we sing that during games!! haha

Wendyburd1 said...

WHAT is with this etsy word?? And what's wrong with whining? It's an artform!!