Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dad

While I was on a field trip this morning with my littlest I missed a couple of calls on my cell phone. I knew that they were from the hospital because of the prefix but Ty was at the dr's and I thought maybe he was trying to call me about insurance or something and if he needed me badly he would leave a message.

The calls weren't from Ty. They were from my mom. My dad is in the hospital. This past weekend he went out deer hunting. My brother brought him back early yesterday with chest pains, difficulty breathing and a general bit of not feeling well. Mom wanted him to get to the doctor that day but he said no, he could wait until this morning when they had a scheduled dr's appointment.

He's got pneumonia and his blood has also gone a little septic. The last time this happened, two years ago, we almost lost him. He didn't go then because my mom was not ready to say goodbye. Talking to her today at the hospital I think that she may be ready now.

Dad is in ICU and they are having trouble stabilizing his blood pressure. I'm home for a few minutes and then I'll be back to the hospital to sit with dad and with mom.

I do not know what the next few days will hold for me and my family. If you are the praying kind would you kindly send up a prayer that whatever happens will be what the Lord wants and that our family will have peace and understanding. If you aren't the praying kind any good and kind thoughts would be highly appreciated as well.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{prayers for your family|}}}}

I am at the temple on Friday morning, and will put your name on there along with your dad and your entire family!

love ya!

i'm erin. said...

I am thinking of you...let me know what I can do to help. luv erin

Kristina P. said...

Shanna, I'll be praying for you and your family.

Erin said...

I've started praying already...

Jillene said...

Oh Shanna!! I am all teary eyed at this!! You and you family are in my thoughts and I will be praying for you all.

*MARY* said...

I'm so sorry, you will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

You, your dad and family are in our thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Shanna - Prayers headed up for you, your dad, your family and for your dad's medical team. Please, please, PLEASE reach out if you need help or just to talk. Let God work through other people as He works through you so often...

Wendyburd1 said...

Shanna, I am so praying for the family, I hope everything turns out for the best. *hugs*