Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm Giddy

Yes Giddy.

The Hale Center Theatre in Salt Lake has Into the Woods now playing. I LOVE this show.

I first saw it during one of PBS's pledge drives, (yes I watch PBS. stop laughing) and I fell in love with it. The words at the top of my blog Children Will Listen come from a song from this play.

It's WONDERFUL. I even bought it on dvd and made my kids watch it and they now LOVE it as well. I knew that this play has been coming for over a year. I've been looking forward to it, but I wasn't sure if we would be able to afford to take the kids to go and see it. And I didn't think it would be fair for just me and Ty to go and see it. The kids love it just as much as we do.

Well guess what? We now have front row tickets for November!

Pardon me while I get up and do the happy dance from Evan Almighty....

O.k. I'm back. If you haven't heard or seen of Into the Woods I highly recommend it. It's a wonderful, funny, touching play that has just about every fairytale character in it. It also teaches wonderful lessons about life. I love it and can't wait for November.

Back to happy dancing.

11 comments:

Jillene said...

Sounds great!! I think I will take my oldest--is there an age limit to go to Hale Center Theater? I heard somewhere that there is.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to look for a video production of it since I don't live anywhere near Salt Lake. Is there one?

Just SO said...

Jillene, the age limit for this production is 5 years old. It goes up for others I think, depending on the play. But with this one, since it's about fairy tales I guess they figure five year olds would be interested. Which I'm thankful for because my youngest is five and LOVES this show.

MM, You have mail.

Kristina P. said...

I know they don't have a lot in common, but I would take Into the Woods over Wicked, any day.

And I've seen both.

Brittany Marie said...

Do they really have an age limit at Hale?? So if you brought in a 2 yr old they'd ask you to leave?

Just SO said...

brittany, I don't know but I would assume that they would. If you order over the internet it says right there as you order a child ticket that no children under five are allowed. I don't know. If you call and get a child's ticket they will probably inform you of that as well. You could call them and ask them what their policy is.

kristina, I've wondered about Wicked but never seen it.

*MARY* said...

My tv is always tuned to PBS, yet I've never heard of this, I'll have to check it out.

Unknown said...

I love going to the theater, and believe it or not this is one I have never seen- but I know a couple songs. This post makes me want to get tickets!

I am a weeeeee bit jealous of the front row seats.....

Wendy said...

wow! never heard of it! but now I will have to see it!!

Wendyburd1 said...

Really? All the fairytale characters? And it's on dvd? Who is in it?? Cuz it sounds fun!

Kristina P. said...

Ummm, you can let your "friend" know that I agree with her assessment about Husband and Wife. Pretty lame. Although, I did get a sweet card of the temple.