Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Spoke too Soon

When I posted yesterday that dad was doing better I kind of had a feeling that I was speaking too soon.

Mom just called and said that the hospital just called her to tell her that dad is not doing well and they want her over there in a half an hour to discuss putting dad on a ventilator.

This is something that I really don't think that dad would want. The last time he was on one was not good. After he came off of it he made me promise that we wouldn't do that to him again .

Prayers for strength and wisdom right now would be much appreciated.

I'm scared.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shanna. :( I am praying for you right now - and for everyone who will be involved in that decision that they will know and be open to God's will in this situation. {{{HUGS}}} I am so sorry. :(

Anonymous said...

{{{shanna}}}} I will call the prayer roll right now too.

I am sorry :( please keep us updated and ask if there is anything else we can do.

Erin said...

I will be thinking of and praying for you and your family. Take care of yourselves and each other!

TJ said...

I'm sorry, you are in our prayers for sure.

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are for you!

Jillene said...

Shanna-
I am SO sorry!! What a horrible/tuff decision to have to make. You and your family are in my prayers--and have been since you posted "Dad".

Kristina P. said...

Shanna, I am SO sorry! I will be praying for your family.

Sheryl said...

You're all in my prayers, Shanna. May God hold you in his tender embrace and help you all make the right decisions.

(((( Shanna and mom and dad )))) :-(

KTsMommy said...

((((Hugs for you and your family))))

duckgirl said...

{{{{{Shanna}}}}} I'm so sorry sweetie, what a hard decision about the ventilator. :(

Prayers for your Dad & family!

Unknown said...

I am so so sorry.

Here is a hug *hug*
and a positive thought for you.

Good luck

Wendyburd1 said...

Shanna! *HUGS* This must be so frustrating...having to decide what he would want. You'll all be in my prayers!! *HUGS*

Wendy said...

I am so so sorry, I will pray for him, we are thinking of you