Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I am Thankful for...
  • Prayer. It is always amazing to me that my Heavenly Father actually listens to my problems and cares about them. But it amazes me the most when I can see or feel definitive answers to my prayers. I know that sometimes I don't get the answers I want or the answer is "Wait. Be patient." Those answers are never easy. But He does answer. He hears me. He loves me and cares about me enough to listen no matter how big or small my problems. He hears me.
  • Scriptures. Especially modern day scriptures. Especially these that I read just this morning. 2 Nephi 4:28-30. These scriptures were meant for me. Especially giving up the anger part.
"Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul. Do not anger again because of mine enemies. Do not slacken my strength because of mine afflictions. Rejoice, O my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say: O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation. "
  • The Temple: I was able to attend the temple with my older sister on Tuesday. She called me and asked me if I wanted to go with her. That phone call, in and of itself, was an answer to one of my prayers. To be in the temple, the house of the Lord here on the earth. To be so close and feel His spirit. I am so Thankful for this blessing in my life.
  • My mom: I'm thankful for her faith and her love and her example.
  • My husband: For his listening ear and his strong shoulder that he lets me lean on frequently.
Those are the things I am thankful for today. What about you? Feel free to take the banner if you would like to use it.

16 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Love the banner. I'm thankful for a warm, comfortable bed.

Lara Neves said...

I'm so thankful for the temple, too. My husband and I went on Friday night and it has been a seriously long time since we've been able to go. So nice.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I like your list!

Today..I am thankful for a secure job and a loving family! Life doesn't get much better!

P.S. LOVE YOUR FLAIR BOARD! You are totally rockin' it girl! Who needs facebook? Not us!

mCat said...

LOVE your list today! I need to get to the temple more often. I love it when I am there, I just don't make it a priority like I should. Thanks for the words of inspiration!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Love your list. Always so uplifting to visit your site. You have an amazing way of putting things back into perspective for me. Thank you!

What am I thankful for? Why, that's easy...the phrase, There is no change for Awesomeness.

-Francesca

i'm erin. said...

I am thankful for your list, I love that passage in Nephi...love it!

I am also thankful for cute shoes.

and Michael Jackson...


and cadbury mini eggs...which after I've eaten the entire bag, I am then change my attitude towards being thankful for them.

Pedaling said...

way to keep things in perspective - such blessings in our lives.

AW Cake! said...

I'm thankful that my vacuum is now fixed. Seriously, it was getting dangerous to walk on the floor at my house...

Anonymous said...

Those are wonderful things to be thankful for. I have found that through experiencing some really tough things, I am much more thankful for everything, even little things.

Nick and Emily said...

great list. i need to get to the temple more often. it truly is such a blessing in this world full of poop. glad to see that you're keeping up with the finer things in life.

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

LaurieJ said...

I love reading Thankful Thursdays and I love when people aren't afraid to share what they are really feeling!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. It does take a while to get down that lunch list :-)

Kate said...

I am very thankful for the temple too, it brings me down to where I need to be and helps me to be focused when it is so easy to be unfocused with life and the chaos it brings. Great post

Christa said...

Around 8 months ago, my husband and I made a goal of sorts to get to the temple more often. On average, we've been there once a month since. It's made such a difference in our lives. So, I too am extremely thankful for the Temple.

Jo said...

What a sweet, sweet list.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

What a beautiful post! I am thankful for the health of my family, the comfort and kindness of family and friends, and for God's love in my life.

I am thankful for finding this post to remind me to take a few moments out of the craziness of the day to be grateful:)