Saturday, March 21, 2009

Dinoasaur Birthday

I'm hear to wish my dinosaur husband a happy birthday.No this is not in reference to his age.
Because he's only three months older than me.
It's in reference to his name.

He honestly has the coolest name. Ever. (I have never let on to him that I think this because I haven't wanted him to get a big head ;)

When his dad was young he had thing for dinosaurs. Especially the Tyrannosaurus Rex. He told his mom that when he grew up he was going to name his child after this dinosaur.

Time passed and his dad met his mom they married and had a child. A boy. The moment came when the couple had to decide a name to bestow upon this boy child. His dad still had the wish of passing on the name of his favorite dinosaur. His mom? Not so much.

A compromise was made and my husband received his name.

Tyran Rex

See? I told you. Coolest. Name. Ever.

I keep trying to get him to go by T. Rex but he's not up for it. Yet. Maybe when we are old (or older) and have grandchildren they can call him Grandpa T. Rex. What do you think?

Love you hon! I hope you have a very Happy Birthday!
*And I hope you aren't too upset with me about this post

23 comments:

Pedaling said...

coolest name ever!

Kristina P. said...

Wow, that is a cool name! Happy birthday to your hubby!

Brooke said...

Happy birthday to him! I do love the name!

Lisa Summerhays said...

That is the coolest name ever. My husband loves the band Coldplay and wants to name our first son after the drummer, William Champion. It's almost as cool a name...

Fugal Family said...

And thanks to Scott and the Elders Qurom newsletter, you are even closer to him going by T. Rex

Mark Lee said...

T. Rex. Oh yes. It needs to go in his business card at least.

Happy birthday, Ty!

tammy said...

T. Rex would be an awesome nickname!

Brooke said...

Hilarious! I wish I'd known this when we still lived there...that is absolutely the best!

Honey and Hotstuff said...

Wow! I wish I had a name that cool! I did not even get a middle name. Now I going to cry in the corner cause my name is not cool! =) Happy Birthday T.Rex!
~Honey and Hotstuff

Erin said...

Happy birthday to T. Rex! :)

Anonymous said...

I NEVER knew that... how stinkin' cool!

happy BD TR

susette said...

I'm coming over from Blog Stalkers Unite, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tonight I believe. I am ahead for now but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere and I would so, so, appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspopt.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥

Rick said...

Very funny!!! He looks like a meat eater alrighty.

Nick and Emily said...

i've always thought his name rocked. it's totally fab. that'd be awesome to call him t-rex when he's a grandpa.

Kate said...

Great post. What an awesome name. I hope he had a great day.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Happy Birthday to the hubby!

(Sorry I'm a day late..I'm usually a dollar short too)

Vanessa said...

That Mr. Ormond is so clever. But he still scares the crap out of me.

Shauna said...

Awesome! Happy B-day to your Hubby :)

Christa said...

He defininely needs to go by T. Rex.

Bobie said...

How cute... Granpa T. Rex!! I love it!

tiburon said...

Happy Birthday T Rex!

Jo said...

I love it! Named after a dinosaur. Wow. Happy Birthday T.Rex man!

Bonnie the Boss said...

Happy belated birthday to your prehistoric hubby!