Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Back to Normal

Well Normal for me anyway. I had my nice break and I'm very glad that I took it because things have been back to hectic in the blink of an eye. December is a busy month anyway but it seems extra busy this year. We went and picked out our Christmas tree last night and I would have taken pictures except for all the signs saying absolutely no photography. I can understand why because the place where we went had a bunch of beautifully decorated trees and fun Christmas crafts and stuff. I'm sure people used to come in and take pictures and rip off their ideas, which is too bad. I actually took some pictures inside before G. informed me of the sign that I missed when walking in.

Our tree is very pretty. It's not huge but it fits our front room perfectly. I told T. that I thought we would be ahead to buy a really nice fake tree that way we would have the money that we spend on the real tree to put towards other things but he won't have any of that. He hates fake trees. We actually have one that T.'s grandma gave us last year that I'm going to try to put up downstairs. I've always wanted to have two trees. One with family ornaments and one with a "theme" I saw an adorable tree at that place that had a bunch of different old wooden sleds on it. I would love to do something like that.

We have T.'s family Christmas party this weekend. We'll make gingerbread houses and exchange gifts with his side, next Saturday is our ward party in the morning. They have pancakes and ice cream, which I find slightly revolting. Santa comes for a visit and I can usually get a good shot of the kids with the man in red then. The next week we have j.'s Christmas program and J.'s band program on the same day, thankfully at different times. We also have my family party the day after the programs and then it will be the weekend before Christmas. I can't believe how fast it's coming up. I really am not ready at all. We are trying to scale back a bunch on the gifts that we get and focus more on the gifts that we give. I've talked with the three older ones and told them that this year things are going to be scaled back. Hopefully they understand.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

again, I am really glad you were able to get away!!!

I was laughing at the ward party... that doesn't sound very good does it LOL

Sorry Ty is so against the fake trees. They have made some pretty real looking ones lately. I have never had a real tree, so I wouldn't know, but it seems like a lot of work.

I hope you have a fun and safe and STRESS free December. I hope your kids feel the spirit of the month too, and they got what you told them about the gifts.

Anonymous said...

I loooove real trees and never thought we'd have a fake one, but budgeting several years back led us to buy one - it sure has saved money. I got some neat incense this year that really does smell piney, so that helps. One year I still want to go out with the boys and cut our own down. We did that for a couple of years with Jake before we got the fakey. I really miss that experience....

Just SO said...

We haven't ever cut our own and I know that I really want to do that. We just need to remember when they are handing out the permits to do that! I like real trees as well but, like you said, it comes down to the budget. Real trees are expensive!