Thursday, December 6, 2007

He Thinks I'm FOXY! (and some serious stuff too)

Well I went for it and tried to go blond. It's more of a really light strawberry blond on top and a light red on the bottom in the back. What happened was my friend got the blond coloring and thought that one bottle would be enough to color all of my hair and it wasn't. She got the top half and the front part colored and ran out so she had to run to the beauty supply place and get some more. So the top part of my hair had more time to process. Then after we did that first color all over she put a more powerful gray covering blond over the top of that. It turned out really cute! I like it, and I've had many compliments on it. But when I came home asked T. how he liked it he looked at it for a few seconds and said "It looks like a fox butt." Because of the different colors that it is in the back. "I said I know it's two different colors but I like that, it's the style." And he says "But have you SEEN it?". Me, "Yes, I've seen it and I like it!"

Well, at least I can say my husband thinks I'm a fox! :)

On a more serious note J. came home from school yesterday a bit late and told me that a boy at school had threatened to beat him up. :( J. says that he doesn't know the boy but that this kid has been slamming his locker shut for a few weeks now. He said he knows one of the kids that hangs around the one who threatened him, I guess he's in his Health class. So I got on the phone with one of the vice principals (not one that we've had dealing with in the past, she wasn't there). And I explained the situation to him and told him that I was calling, one because my son was threatened and two because he has Autism and doesn't know if someone is joking or not.

For example he told me that this kid who hangs around with the "threatener" is his acquaintance and that he's asked J. if he wants to go fishing with him. J. told me "It's illegal to be truant from school and I know that there are no bodies of water on school property that sustain fish." That is J. That is how his mind works. He is very literal.

The vice principal was very nice and told me that he will call J. in first thing this morning and have him look at pictures of all the kids (we're thinking it's another 7th grader) to see if J. can point him out. If he can then the vp will call down this other kid and have a talk with him about how that isn't appropriate. I am concerned that this could make things worse so I told J. if this kid keeps bothering him then the very first time he does something or says something that J. needs to go to the office and let them know that he hasn't stopped. I'll be driving J. to school this morning and dropping him off just before the bell rings and I'll pick him up after school as well just to be safe. We have parent teacher conferences tonight and I'm considering mentioning it to the teachers just so they can keep an eye out as well. I had hoped that something like this wouldn't happen. J. seems to be handling it okay. T. told him that if anyone tries to hurt him and they won't stop then J. needs to fight back. I hate to have to tell my child that but I'm not going to have him think that it's not okay to protect himself yk?

Well my living room is piled under Christmas decorations and the tree still isn't fully decorated. I need to run to WalMart for some white lights to go on my garland so I better get my but off this chair and get moving. I'll keep you updated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have told my kids to fight back if they need to, too, S. I don't think there's a thing wrong with it. It's part of the reason I am glad Jacob is in karate. He may not do any damage if he got in a fight, but he wouldn't cower after sparring so much. He'll have more confidence in fighting if he needs it.

I am so sorry J is facing this - glad he doesn't seem too bothered, but I know it must hurt your heart. I hope he's just misunderstood somehow... Thank goodness he TELLS you, huh? {{HUGS}}

Just SO said...

Yes, I'm so glad that he told me about it! It makes me angry that someone would say that to him because he doesn't deserve that....well nobody deserves it, but he is just the sweetest, nicest kid. Why would anyone want to do that?

I'm glad Jacob is in Karate. J. Has fought back before so hopefully he will be able to take care of himself. The thing I worry about is that this will make things worse, yk?

KTsMommy said...

Sorry to hear J's got to deal with bullies now :( Hopefully this will be the one and only time. I agree, it's ok for a kid to fight back when nothing else works. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that...

I need to see pics of your fox butt ;)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your hair!

I am sooo sorry you are having to deal with this and J too. :(

hugs and prayers it will all turn out. dang bully!