Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Sicko

I've been hit with some bug or another and I'm feeling pretty crappy. I've actually been trying to fight this off for awhile now. Me and the generic Dayquil have become good friends the past week. Sunday night while getting some gingerbread men made up for j.'s class to decorate I started to feel exceptionally yucky. I went to bed at 9, passed out and was unable to wake up early for scripture study with the family. Yesterday M. had a "concert" type thing where she played the ukulele (and yes I had to use spell checker for that word). They've been learning to play that in her class at school and they put on a performance during the schools Monday morning assembly. Unfortunately it was first thing in the morning and I wanted nothing more than to stay in bed. But M.'s been really looking forward to showing off her new skill so I got myself and j. ready and out the door we went, after taking my new friend Dayquil. Got to the school and sat down for the program and realized I would be very lucky to make it through this. I'm glad I went M. did a wonderful job. She played Camp Town Races, Jingle Bells and Holly Jolly Christmas. I came home and crashed on the couch, calling T. to see if he could come home and help me out since I still had to get j. to and from pre-school and do crossing guard. Thankfully he was able to come home early. Not early enough to get j. to school but my wonderful mom was able to come and do that for me. I laid on the couch for the better part of the day but I did get up and do the dishes and make dinner. Which I really didn't want to do but, oh well.

Today I'm still feeling cruddy. Not as bad as yesterday but still bleh. G. came home from school yesterday and went straight into his room and laid down. So we knew something was up with him. He's home today. I can tell he's feeling better. I do okay until I try to get up and get something done, like taking T.'s grandma to get a haircut and then sitting here typing this. It's really worn me out. The thing that ticks me off is the timing of this bug. I really can't afford to be sick right now. I am only about half way through with shopping for Christmas (the other half I did last Saturday) and we have my family party on Thursday. For which I am supposed to cook a turkey and make stuffing. I am so tired. I couldn't sleep last night so I went upstairs on the couch so I wouldn't wake T. I don't think I fell asleep until 1 a.m. and then we were up at 5:30 for reading. I did go back to sleep off and on but not for a great amount of time. I'm grateful that J. and M. have learned to make pancakes themselves and can take care of breakfast now. That has been nice.

So now I need to go crash out on the couch again.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Awe {{{{Hugs}}}} to you!

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

I need to kidnap you and the two of us take off for a health cruise... get all the ickies out of the our bodies :)

Feel better! Glad your mom and T were able to help out!