Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Life gets in the way

Things sure can get crazy fast around here. I haven't had time to blog much at all, or I haven't felt like it. The kids had a week off for Spring Break so we tried to do things around here because funds are kind of tight, especially with the price of gas sky rocketing. So we went to Liberty Park, the Bean Museum, a couple of movies and the zoo. It was a good week, even with G. and I getting hit with illnesses.

The next week my dad went into the hospital because of a fall down the back steps. He was in there for almost a full week and wasn't happy about it. I was over there trying to give mom and dad help and support.

This week we are trying to get some help and services for him at home. They really need a ramp up the back steps and we think he would do wonderfully with one of those scooters that they advertise on tv. It's just getting things in motion and seeing if they qualify financially. We also had a yard clean up and hot dog roast on Monday night. I love those! We used to have one every Spring but that's kind of fallen by the way side. I'm hoping that we can bring that tradition back.

So with all the craziness going on I haven't had much time to post. Hopefully I'll do better and post more often.

I was informed by my oldest daughter that there are 21 days of school left before summer break. My how time flies.

Here are three of my favorite shots from the trip to the park.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy times, huh? I hope you can get things squared away for your dad.

21 days, huh? Wow. I think my boys have 5 weeks left.

Just SO said...

It looks like they will qualify for the help, thankfully! I'm supposed to go over on Friday for another meeting with the people about the ramp.

I am looking forward to Summer. June is pretty well booked up with camping and we have stuff in July as well.

Anonymous said...

S- you are so busy and always a great example to me of taking care and honoring your parents. I hope it all works out.

we are on the countdown til summer too... kinda nervous but have to remember how fast it goes and now that they are older, etc, it seems to go faster.