Tuesday, April 1, 2008

New Day- New Look

It's a new day. I've got to get a move on. I'm having a Pampered Chef party here at my home on Saturday night and I still need to get the invites out. I also need to take my car and get it inspected and registered. The Durango is in the shop again so we have finally put a battery in the red Ford wagon and I will go back to driving that and Ty will drive the little GREEN car to work. Gas prices being what they are we really can't afford to drive the Durango unless we are going somewhere as a family. It's frustrating but it's something we have to do. I'm going to go and get the invites filled out this morning and then after the car is inspected and registered I'll take those puppies around.

Not too much else to blog about. The weather here has been down right miserable. Wind and blowing snow. And of course the Durango chose that weather to break down in. I'm just grateful that T. had a full tank of gas and that he had three different people check on him to make sure he was o.k. Two highway patrolmen and a UDOT worker. T. spent four hours waiting for a tow truck to come and pick him up. Thankfully we have that covered through our insurance and it he didn't break down too far from our mechanics place so the tow only cost $12! YAY!

We are definitely being watched over. Because not only was the tow cheap the part that we think went out should still be under warranty. Thank goodness! If it had waited to go out another week or so the warranty would have been up. Yes we will have to pay for the labor but hopefully that will be it. I'm sure our mechanic is tired of our vehicles. He's a good guy and is very fair. I'm grateful for that. You can tell he feels for us when they break down and that he's not thinking of the dollars and cents of it all. He really cares about the work that he does and that he is being honest with people.

So enjoy the new look of the the layout. I'm liking it so far. I don't have time to tweak it too much. Maybe another day.

3 comments:

Tyran, the Yeti Yogi said...

Blue, the car is blue.

Anonymous said...

FOUR hours to wait for the tow??? Uggghhhh. I thought it was bad when I waited about an hour and a half in February. Glad it has all worked out, though.

I like PC parties - I don't usually buy (maybe something small like a fork ;)), but I love to go and eat the food!

Anonymous said...

just got caught up on your blog.... good luck with your party!

sorry about the car troubles!!! In my heaven, there will be no cars , wanna come :)