Thursday, April 3, 2008

Nerves

This morning my dad is heading into surgery for another procedure to his shoulder. He tore his rotator cuff in a fall last year and had to have that repaired but it didn't take. So this morning they are going in to see if they can fix it and give him some relief from the pain. Last time it was just a scope. This time they are putting him under general anesthesia. This makes me nervous because my dad has an artificial heart valve and is on blood thinners so that he doesn't throw a clot. To go through the surgery he has to go off of these blood thinners and so the danger of him doing so goes up.

We almost lost my dad two years ago...right about this time of year. I'm nervous. My dad is nervous and so is my mom. That sends my nervousness up a notch. I know everything will happen as it is supposed to. But prayers for peace for whatever happens would be muchly appreciated.

This is a picture of dad and the big pine tree that was blown over in their back yard a few years back.

4 comments:

Tyran, the Yeti Yogi said...

He's going to be just fine my dear.

Anonymous said...

Huge {{{HUGS}}} to you. That would be nerve wracking. I am praying for him and for his doctors this morning. Keep us posted, OK?

i'm erin. said...

oh, that is terrible, I hope everything goes well! (hahahaha...umm I am not laughing at your blog, but your yeti hubby)

I will be thinking of yoru dad, and you. see you saturday.

Anonymous said...

prayers from me too!!!