Saturday, May 17, 2008

My Toothbrush Fell in the Toilet...

On the bright side, I get to buy a new toothbrush.

That's about the way my life has been this last little while. There have been bad moments interspersed with good ones. The bad ones have been pretty bad but the good ones even it all out. I guess that's just how life goes.

The good moments have been... Mother's Day was very nice I got four new rose bushes that I can't wait to watch grow and bloom. I got the most beautiful card written by my second son, it made me cry. And also a lovely plaque that he made at scouts that says "The sweetest sounds to mortals given are found in Mother, Home and Heaven." (I can't remember the author of the quote). My oldest son did fabulous in his final band concert...he played the steel drums. How cool is that? And he got an award (a Symphony chocolate bar) for having all 12 major scales memorized. My youngest daughter graduated from pre-school and will be heading off to Kindergarten in the Fall and she lost her second tooth, all in one day. A procedure done on my dad went better than expected and hopefully it will help his quality of life go up. Our "economic stimulus" money came our way. With some of that money we got the wood to build a real fence so we can take down our redneck one. (Which I REALLY need to take a picture of for you to see just how red necked it is). So that means that the dogs will be outside soon. My oldest daughter had a great program about Utah where she sang fabulously. My husband has been amazingly supportive and loving and that is why I am still sane and doing my best to focus on the positive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for blogging update. very cool that he is doing drums. Love that!

happy mom day!!!

Emmy Summers said...

Oh, it's natural to cry during Mother's Day. It's touching to see your kids do things to show that they love and appreciate you. And why did your toothbrush fall into the toilet? Well, you can still use the old toothbrush to clean other parts of your house. You can always find a positive thing in everything. :)