Monday, January 28, 2008

Gordon B. Hinckley June 23, 1910-January 27, 2008


Yesterday after we had just wrapped up the family party for j. and G. my brother called me to tell me that the Prophet and president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Gordon B. Hinckley had passed away. He was a wonderful man, full of life and love for everyone. His sense of humor will be one of the things that I will miss most. He was a servant of the Lord up to the last. I am grateful to have lived during his time as the leader of the church.

He was a prophet of the Lord. I believe with all my heart that President Hinckley knew Christ and our Father in Heaven and received inspiration from them for our church and for the world. The time of prophets is not past. It is here again and has been since Joseph Smith knelt in prayer in the Sacred Grove. If you wish to find out more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints just click on the link and it will take you where you want to go.

Good-bye President Hinckley. 'Till we meet again.

(The photo used in this post was from Sariah Says. She has some other fabulous photo's of President Hinckely on her blog. If you want to go and check them out.)

1 comment:

Julie said...

It is such a sweet sadness. I'm sad that we won't have him with us anymore, but so happy for the reunion that he is having with his sweetheart and loved ones. He was a wonderful man.