Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cloverfield

So Ty and I went to go and see this movie today. It was very entertaining but it was hard for me to watch. It's filmed from the point of view of a hand held video cam and therefore really shaky most of the time. If you have a tendency to get motion sick then this will be hard to watch. It was bad enough that I had to close my eyes a few times and then about 3/4 of the way through I had to get up and go and get a coke to settle my stomach. Yes, I'm a wuss. It's not too scary and actually has a good amount of humor throughout. I highly identified with Hudson the guy "documenting" things as he is the source of most of the light hearted parts of the movie. I give it three and a half stars if you don't get motion sick, if you do then I give it 2 and 1/2 because I really hate getting motion sickness.

Oh and like a reviewer I heard....he said that the camera was expensive enough that it takes a beating and keeps on going, has a light for night shots and a night vision mode, so why then, does it NOT have image stabilization????? WHY!!!????

So if there is a sequel I really hope that the people who caught stuff on film have image stabilization on their video cam, or I don't know if I'll be able to go. *grin*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting! LOL The previews have certainly looked good.