Friday, January 11, 2008

Goals

So as a family we sat down on Monday and set some goals. Ones that will hopefully bring more peace into our home and bring our family closer. We are focusing on spending more time together and less time on the computer and away from the t.v.

We talked about Mental, Emotional, Physical, Spiritual and Financial goals. It was a really good Family Home Evening. One of the goals that the kids wanted to do was to write in their journals. So we have set aside from 7:30 to 8:00 p.m. for journal writing time as a whole family. It's been really neat the last couple of days to see the three older ones sitting on the couch writing about their day. And Jilli is really excited about it as well. I probably need to have her dictate to me some things that she wants to put in her journal besides just drawing in it.

There is a different spirit in our home because of these goals, I can feel it. Things are calmer and more peaceful. Even in the face of the washer dying and the Durango needing a big repair there is still peace. I'm grateful for that. Hopefully we will be able to continue on this path that we have set so the kids can get a glimpse of how great it is to accomplish a goal that has been set.

One of my goals for the new year is to get out walking every day (except Sunday's) if I can. I had one day this week where I couldn't because of snow and today I won't get out because of some plans that have come up but that's okay. I'll still get out tomorrow. I need to get walking because our ward is going on a Pioneer Trek, with handcarts and everything, in June and I don't want for them to have to perform and actual funeral and bury me on the trail because I'm so out of shape. I've got a walking buddy, YAY! I think that she will really be good for me because she is so gung ho and very much into physical fitness. She also happens to be exceptionally stylish and an amazing bargain hunter so maybe I can get a few tips from her in those areas as well. I also need to get her recipe for her chicken soup that she was making the other day when I was at her house.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if that is going to show up, but I had this long post for you... bummer!

yeah on the goals.. yeah on the peace, you deserve it. Gratitude is a powerful too, isn't it?

and yea on the walking buddy!

Anonymous said...

>>>>>>>and I don't want for them to have to perform and actual funeral and bury me on the trail because I'm so out of shape.

LOLOLOL

And a peaceful home? Wonderful. :)

Just SO said...

Sorry you lost the post Stacey. I hate it when that happens. :(

And peace is a wonderful thing.