Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What to Blog. What to Blog.

Dude, ( I told you I say this a lot I have just never used it here on the blog) I have no idea what to blog about. I had some ideas written down somewhere but I can no longer find the list. And it was a short one anyway.

I do vaguely remember seeing a commercial for a prescription sleep aid where they said "talk with your prescriber." And I was confused because....don't you have to be a doctor to prescribe something? So why are they now saying prescriber instead of doctor. But it was funnier in my head at the time than it is now so I won't blog about that.

We did get the artwork for how dad's headstone is going to look and I love it. There is Mount Timpanogos in the background with a buck deer on one side and a mama dear and a fawn on the other amongst some trees. Mom and dad's names are on either side at the bottom with a picture of the East face of the Salt Lake temple inbetween them. All the kids' names will be on the back of the stone with our family name and an American flag in the middle of the names. The stone stands up so you can see both sides. They aren't putting the names on the back and then putting it into the ground. I'm sure you all figured that out but I have to have something to blog about.

We got the Christmas tree up and decorated and the garland is hung but not decorated. I ran out of ribbon so I have to run to Wally World today and get a couple more spools to finsih it off. Then I need to get my Christmas village stuff out. This is where having the addition would be good. I love my Christmas village but we are running out of room to set it up. I know that Ty's solution would be to get rid of some stuff in the front room but I wouldn't know where to start. Well except for the couch because it's getting really dirty and worn to the point where cleaning it doesn't really help, but then we would have to buy a new one so we wouldn't really be getting rid of anything.

Okay I guess that's my blog for today. I need to go brush my teeth and get ready to go and do some stuff with my mom. Oh btw they have Winter coats for kids on at Walmart (mine at least) for $8! What a steal.

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love that you say dude. My 30 year-old male coworker says it a lot too, and of course I mock him.

I thought you would enjoy my Twilight review. We were actually talking about yours and the snowbabies, after the movie.

Jillene said...

I sau dude all of the time too. We have yet to get our Christmas stuff out and up. My husband is off on Thursday so I guess that I'll have to wait until then.

Anonymous said...

You got your tree?....I still have some Halloween up.

Unknown said...

I really hate the fact that couches get dirty and worn out, and they cost alot to replace. Bummer.

My village is on my ledge in the wall that is beside my stariway, which means the only people who see it are me and my kids- because it isn't visible from downstaris. That is sad.

Erin said...

The headstone sounds beautiful. I think my grandma's is pretty too; I think it helps those of us who are living to see a pretty headstone!

Anonymous said...

I love the new holiday look, too bad the house isn't as easy to decorate!

My problem lately is that I have too many ideas of what to blog and just not enough blog time LOL!

Glad you blogged today :)

the fowlers said...

that headstone sounds perfect.
i can't wait to see it in person.

and you do say 'DUDE' all the time. haha. i love that you do.

i'm erin. said...

Shanna, here is my tidbits of knowledge...when I run out of room in my home and I want to decorate or put something in a space I simply get rid of something...

now, that can be hard, because I love my stuff, so I simply just get rid of Mark's stuff...that makes getting rid of stuff much easier.

that is my great well of knowledge bestowed upon you to make your life happier. hahahahahahaha...TAKE THAT YEDDI TYRAN!

Brooke said...

I say dude too. I don't care that I said it in high school ten years ago. Whatever. The headstone sounds beautiful.

Brittany Marie said...

*Dude high five*! I too, say "dude" even though, like Brooke, I said it in high school 10(+) years ago. My attorneys have grown accustomed to me telling them stuff like "Crazy Dude is on line 2 for you."

Glad you blogged today!

rachel said...

It's not cool to say dude anymore?! Oops...

tiburon said...

Dude - we need pictures of this stuff.