Saturday, December 13, 2008

Chocolate Diamonds?

If you have been listening to the radio this last while in my area you would be hard pressed to miss the radio ads touting Chocolate Diamonds.

In my mind I thought "Wow. Those diamond execs are pretty smart. They know that brown is all the rage right now and what do you know? They are sitting on all these brown diamonds! AND they know how women LOVE chocolate. We can unload these ugly brown diamonds on these women by telling them it's a "modern twist" on the classic diamond."


Then I went and image googled these so called "Chocolate Diamonds". I think I'm in love.

Finally a chocolate I might be able to indulge in without it going to my hips. It would just put a little extra weight on around my finger. And I'm sure I wouldn't mind that. Not at all. Actually I'm not much of a jewelry person but I do think that these rings are beautiful.




















The cynical side of me still does think that the jewelers of the world are really just trying to put a good spin on something that wouldn't have sold if not for the rage in brown and how women love chocolate. What do you think?

10 comments:

Jillene said...

I LOVE the Chocolate Diamonds!! They are BEAUTIFUL!!

Kristina P. said...

I have never even heard of these! Maybe this should be my engagement ring replacement. :)

Brittany Marie said...

I don't listen to the radio. But it looks like I should be!

Chocolate diamonds sounds like my dream come true. (A good dream. Not the one where bears tore off my arms at Target.)

Erin said...

These chocolate diamonds are really pretty. I had never heard of them before either.

Wendyburd1 said...

The rings just look like they used champagne diamonds...the earrings are interesting though.

Martha H. said...

I've not heard of these, but I think you are right: the marketing gurus are definitely preying upon the fact that women love chocolate and sparkly things.

i'm erin. said...

Yah I agree with you...they are so pretty, but really, 10 years ago people wouldn't have probably paid a tenth what they are asking.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! I love these!♥♥♥

Anonymous said...

I just dropped by for the chocolate... then I see jewlry.. dang it!

tiburon said...

Oooo I like the lighter colored ones....