Saturday, December 6, 2008

It is the Season of the Heart

My favorite Christmas movie is



I love the Muppet's. When I die I will seek out Jim Hensen and give him a huge hug and my warmest thanks. He was a genius and he gave the world such a gift in those soft, funny puppets. He made my growing up years so much better through Sesame Street and The Muppet Show.

So every year we enjoy watching it. I love the songs in this movie. They are so catchy and fun. I just love this movie. I also love YouTube because they have little clips of the Muppet's and many other wonderful things.

I've been lacking in the Christmas Spirit this year. I know much of it comes from dad passing on. So in an effort to bring that Spirit into my heart I think I'll search out some of this movie and post it here. If it doesn't help me find it, maybe it will help someone else.

Here's It Feels Like Christmas. The lyrics are posted beneath the video. I've bolded my favorite lines.


It's in the singing of a street corner choir
It's going home and getting warm by the fire
It's true
Wherever you find love
It feels like Christmas
A cup of kindness that we share with another
A sweet reunion with a friend or a brother
In all the places you find love
It feels like Christmas
It is the season of the heart

A special time of caring
The ways of love made clear

It is the season of the spirit
The message if we hear it Is make it last all year
It's in the giving of a gift to another
A pair of mittens that were made by your mother
It's all the ways that we show love
That feel like Christmas
A part of childhood we'll always remember
It is the summer of the soul in December
Yes, when you do your best for love
It feels like Christmas

It is the season of the heart
A special time of caring
The ways of love made clear
It is the season of the spirit
The message if we hear it
Is make it last all year
It's in the singing of a street corner choir
It's going home and getting warm by the fire
It's true, wherever you find love
It feels like Christmas

It's true, wherever you find love
It feels like Christmas!
It feels like Christmas!
It feels like Christmas!
It feels like Christmas!

2 comments:

Wendyburd1 said...

We, my family, LOVE this movie!! I love Rizzo's lines personally! We know most of the songs by heart, LOL. I love Chritmas movies, I am hoping if I watch some, SOME X-Mas feelings will emerge from my ughhh state.

Kristina P. said...

I'm not a Christmas movie fan in general, but I do love the Muppets!