Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Time Flies? And a dream

When I heard Ty getting up today I thought "Oh he must be teaching yoga today." I had skipped the whole week. I thought it was Saturday. Yes, yesterday was a long day.

A couple of nights ago I had a dream. I have been known to have some pretty strange dreams. I used to dream far more often than I do now. This dream was pretty mild on the weirdness scale.

My dream started out at the zoo. I was in a building looking at the bear. While I was there the bear started to make attempts to break out of his cage. As the bear got closer and closer to breaking free I realized that my house was attached to this bears enclosure and that my kids were there asleep in the house and I had to get them out. I rushed around as fast as one can in a dream when one is trying to move fast to get them out. We got out the door and locked it just as the bear broke free of it's enclosure but I knew that the wooden door to the house wouldn't hold it for very long.

I rushed through the zoo with my kids trying to find some zoo keeper to tell. It kept getting more and more crowded and I couldn't find anyone who would listen to me. In the process of finding someone to tell about this bear I lost my littlest child. I was in a serious panic. Just before I woke up I had been reunited with my daughter and the zoo officials were off to check on the bear.

I dislike dreams where I feel like I'm rushing to get away from something or trying to find something and I can't. This lovely dream had both. So I went to the online Dream Dictionary to see what it has to say about having a dream about a bear. Here is what it said

To see a bear in your dream,

symbolizes independence, the cycle of life, death and renewal. It may signal of period of introspection and thinking. The dream may also be a pun on "bare". Perhaps you need to bare your soul and let everything out into the open.

To dream that you are being pursued or attacked by a bear, denotes aggression, overwhelming obstacles and competition. You may find yourself in a threatening situation.

Interesting. Usually when I go there to find out about things that I have seen in a dream I can't really see the connection or I have to make my mind stretch to see it. Not in this case. In this definition about seeing a bear in my dream I can see where all of those things would be happening in my life right now. Especially the aggression. I have a lot of aggression and anger towards one of my brothers and I am trying to keep it in. And it keeps trying to get out.

7 comments:

Lara Neves said...

I've never thought of going to a site like that to find out about what my dream means. I have weird ones, too!

I've been thinking it's Wednesday today all day so far....maybe we just want to skip ahead to Christmas! But wait! I'm not ready!

Jillene said...

WOW!! What a dream!! Aggression is a difficult thing....sometimes it is better to get it out than to keep it in.

Kristina P. said...

I rarely remember my dreams, and like Lara, I would never think to look it up!

And no, my neighbors aren't a figment of my imagination. If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it either. INSANE.

Anonymous said...

I totally thought of your brother when I was reading through that - just knowing that has really been on your mind. {{HUGS}}

Anonymous said...

I know it's not all that ligit, but I really do think dreams are so cool and can mean a lot.


{{{Hugs}}}

Brittany Marie said...

Holy crap, you and I have similar bear problems. (I dreamt that my arms got pulled off by 2 bears in a Target parking lot. And I wasn't wearing any pants.)

PS: I just realized your blog address is "The Sego Lilypad" not "These Go Lilypad". Apparently I can't think straight without my arms.

Kristina P. said...

Shanna, are you still interested in me featuring you in my blog post? Do you have a link of where you are selling your items?