Sunday, December 7, 2008

Seven

That's number of kids I have here this morning. The number of kids I have to get ready for church and out the door by eleven o' clock. Seven plus me that means 8 (notice my mad adding skillz). So why am I sitting here in front of the computer? Will they magically get themselves ready? (Well two or three of them can probably do it on their own.)

I think I'm in denial. Usually we have a rule of no t.v. on Sunday mornings but this morning I had to put in a dvd because the kids were playing and their play was getting out of hand. So I have five of the seven laying on the hide-a-bed watching "Meet the Robinson's". I think while they are calm I better hurry and get in the shower and get myself ready. Then I can face them. Wish me luck!

p.s. I have no idea how my mom did this every Sunday. Especially before the block schedule. I can't imagine getting 8 kids dressed and out the door and then keeping 8 kids dressed and looking good in Sunday clothes all day long. She is amazing.

8 comments:

Jillene said...

I would have a heart attack. I have a hard enough time getting myself and three kids ready. OH MY!! Good luck!!

Kristina P. said...

Where did the other 3 kids come from? I have a hard enough time getting myself ready! We had a meeting at 7:45 this morning, and Adam is sick. Not fun.

Lorie said...

I only have three and I about pull my hair out EVERY Sunday! I so need a better routine for Sunday mornings!!

Anonymous said...

You are a brave woman!
Once I got them watching the movie, I would have been back in bed for a little nap. ;)

Martha H. said...

Hi! Saw your blog listed on Tiburon's and thought I'd drop buy.

Shauna said...

Oh man! ♥ Hugs :)

Wendyburd1 said...

I ♥ Meet the Robinsons!! I LOVE the mafia frogs!!

Jan said...

That truly is alot. I hope all went well. I have never seen that show.