Monday, December 8, 2008

Oh No She Di'int!

This past week...

  • It did not take me three (possibly four) whole days to set up my Christmas decorations.
  • I did not get confused about a friend request on Facebook and have to pull out my high school yearbook to see if I actually knew the person sending said request. I remember everyone from high school.
  • I did not eat almost a whole Key Lime pie by myself over the course of the week. That would just be selfish and gluttonous.
  • I did not rush up the stairs upon hearing the garbage truck outside repeating a bad word over and over in my head with each step because I was afraid that I wouldn't get the can out to the road in time and it had the carcass of our Thanksgiving turkey sitting in it just waiting for the neighborhood dogs to break down our fence and pillage our garbage can.
  • I didn't want to tell my mom no when asked if I could pick my brother up from a class that he is taking. The thought of spending a 30 to 45 minute drive with him alone in the car didn't make my stomach turn over.
  • I did not try to go out shopping a little today and have a mini-meltdown. I didn't.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Doesn't it feel great to admit the things we absolutley didn't do? And my stomach nevers tightens when i say yes to pick up people, drive around family, or do odd errands in fear of being taken advantage of!

Kristina P. said...

Facebook is weird sometimes. I have about 4 requests sitting in my inbox of people I don't know. Some added me just because we have the same last name. Really?

Erin said...

Key Lime pie...mmmm. I didn't just finish off an entire loaf of pumpkin chocolate chip bread by myself - I let my kids each have one piece.

Mark Lee said...

"I did not rush up the stairs upon hearing the garbage truck outside repeating a bad word over and over in my head . . ."

Ha ha! I didn't do the very same thing, only downstairs and out loud. I didn't!

Jillene said...

Mmmm....Key Lime Pie....I would NOT have eaten the whole pie either. Nope, not me!!

K and/or K said...

Key lime...mmm. That would be the perfect, and a dangerously delicious escape from this snow we are getting! Maybe a little Jimmy Buffet on in the background? I'm ready to eat!