Sunday, May 8, 2011

Motherhood Challenge: What I love about being a mom

-Day 7-


“SHOW ME HOW HIGHLY A SOCIETY
REVERENCES ITS MOTHERS AND I CAN TELL YOU
THE HEALTH OF THAT SOCIETY.”
-BILLY SUNDAY

The things that I love the most about being a mom are

Watching my children learn new things

Hearing their laughter.

Being able to talk to my kids about important things and having them listen...really listen.

Being able to have my kids come and talk to me about important things and listening...really listening.

Being their biggest cheerleader.

The fact that my kids teach me so much.

Most of all I love those moments, you know the ones. The rare, glimmering moments where you catch a glimpse of eternity. The moments that it is given to you to know a fraction of the love that our Father in Heaven must have for you as His child, because you feel that same swell of love for your child.

Having said that...all of these things apply to not only my children, but to people in my life in general. I LOVE watching the Young Women or Primary children, with whom I have been privileged to work throughout my life, as they grow.

It's not just as mother that I can celebrate and rejoice but as a friend and a leader. To see the young men that I have taught in primary begin to pass the sacrament or receive their mission calls. To watch as the Young Women go off to college, get married and start families and careers of their own or go on missions as well. To see anyone I love grow and succeed brings joy and happiness into my heart and my life.

I am highly blessed to be a mom but I'm equally blessed to be a friend to those around me and to be surrounded by seriously amazing women.

May you all have a wonderful Mother's Day my friends. Wherever you may be.




2 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

Very nice. Can't wait til my son can pass the sacrament but I can definitely wait for him to go on a mission. Hope you had a terrific Mother's Day!

Teachinfourth said...

I did have a good Mother's Day...

Not a mom yet...in fact, I won't ever be, but it was still a nice day nonetheless.