Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Back in the E.E.E.R.

(Sing the title to the Beatles tune U.S.S.R)

So I'm blogging from my phone as I sit in the ER waiting for a Dr. Kalas (unfortunate name no?) to come in and drain an abcess in my brother's arm.

Monday, I basically lived an episode of Intervention except without the cameras or the addicts being able to get on plane and get into rehab.

This intervention will be ongoing and exceptionally difficult.

I'm tired but hanging on to hope. Unfortunately there are two addicts to deal with...I'm not sure how all of this is going to play out and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared and frustrated and angry about the situation.

But l love my brothers. I hope they know this.

So I will sit in the ER and be here for the draining of the cysts...and whatever else may lie ahead.

12 comments:

Christa said...

You are a WONDERFUL person & sister! I'm sure your brothers know how much you love them. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Kristina P. said...

They are lucky to have you.

When I worked for DCFS, I had a heroin addict parent who ended up going to jail at court because she had been MIA and in contempt.

I got a call from the jail at 5 PM saying that they couldn't book her in and she was in the ER. Her arms, both of them, were completely abcessed, up and down. It was terrible. And so, so sad.

Hang in there, Shanna.

Julie said...

I'm so sorry. I'm here cheering for you and your brothers. Tough tough times.

the fowlers said...

Seriously, you are a GOOD sister. Hang in there. Remember that you have a lot of support, here and in the spirit world. :)

mCat said...

I will add my comments about you being a good sister, because it's so true! Not everyone would do this. But you love him inspite of his choices. And it's totally okay to be mad as he** at him too. Let yourself!

Good luck with everything - thinking of you

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

I am so, so sorry Shanna. I hope things get better soon. You've had a rough couple of years and deserve a break.

Teachinfourth said...

You know what they say, right?

I'm glad you know.

Thanks for being the great sister with all of this...

tammy said...

Luvpilot's brother dealt with addiction for years. We saw him arrested, losing everything, and almost saw him die a couple of times. It was heartbreaking. He's been clean a couple of years now, has started going to church (albeit Catholic, but that's okay), and has a new baby and great job working at an addiction recovery place there in UT. I know the pain and the frustration. I'm sorry.

Cheeseboy said...

Yep, lucky to have you, for sure. Hope all goes well.

Jessica G. said...

All brothers should be so lucky to have a sister like you. And it was nice to see you in the real world!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Phone blogging---WOW! You are so techy! Look at me, I just got into texting and I was so proud of myself, haha!

Mary said...

All you can do is keep that hope alive!! I had two siblings with alcohol & drug addictions...and 10 yrs later they are both clean and leading productive lives. They have to want it, and all you can do it be there to support healthy change! Sending big hugs your way!