Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Time Off

Thanksgiving was a nice day. We had dinner with T.'s family and pie with mine. It was nice to be able to visit with everyone. We did have a "Christmas Story" moment on Thanksgiving morning when T. went upstairs to find that Zeke, our dog, had eaten the two cherry pies that were on the kitchen table. Well he didn't actually eat them he only at the crust. I guess pie cherries aren't up to his taste :) .

Friday I got up and got some things done around the house. Packed my bags and left home for my weekend "off" at about 11 a.m. I couldn't check into my hotel until 2 p.m. so I ran around doing some window shopping and getting some cash before I headed up to Salt Lake. I got there and checked in and went up to my room. It was very nice.

They turned the Christmas lights on at Temple Square that night but I couldn't ever find our for sure what time so I missed the actual lighting ceremony (it was at dusk) but that's okay. My hotel was only about a block away so I walked up and around Temple Square trying to get pictures. Nighttime pictures are not easy to take without a tripod because there is just no way to get the camera steady enough to take pictures without a flash so I did the best I could. Here are a few pictures.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh - those photos are gorgeous. I've never been, but the pictures from Temple Square are beautiful anytime of year, but I imagine right now it is spectacular there!

Sounds like you had a nice time. :)

KTsMommy said...

Hi Miss Lily!! I think those pictures came out beautifully :) I just read in your profile that you're thinking of turning yourself into a blonde--I want to see your old blonde self first, but I really like the red on you!! What color is your hair naturally?

Just SO said...

Festi, It was a nice time. Very laid back. This is one of my favorite times of the year to visit up there. It's beautiful.

Jen, I only have like one or two pictures of blonde me from earlier. It was right after M. was born and my hair was really short at the time. It wasn't a really great look but now I have a friend that does hair and I know she would do a good job on the color.

Anonymous said...

Hey Missy! Missing you!!!! Was hoping you shared more about your quiet time but then again, it wouldn't be a quiet time if you did :)

beautiful pix.... love the header pix too!!!!

one of my girls is up on temple square full time right now....

Just SO said...

I really didn't do a whole lot. It was just me time very quiet and restful so not much to post about. It was nice though

Julie said...

Beautiful pictures!!!

I'm so glad that you were able to get away and have some quiet time. :)

i'm erin. said...

wow, those pictures put me to shame! you are totally awesome

Just SO said...

Thanks Julie! It was nice to get away.

Erin, you are so sweet! But I don't know about putting you to shame. It was hard to get those without a tripod. I was using any level surface available to use a stabling influence.