Sunday, January 15, 2012

Amazing

Update on George.  He is doing pretty well.  He is still getting headaches off and on and he does have some problem remembering long term things. I'm thankful that he has this long weekend to kind of recoup from this.  Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.  They mean so much.


Moving on....


The other day this was my facebook status,
(Okay, one of my face book stati.)

You know what? 

I have a pretty amazing life. 

Just wanted to share.

Let's talk about this amazing life of mine, shall we?
The day I posted that my day consisted of...
  • driving my oldest son to the high school and witnessing a beautiful sunrise while listening to One Repulic's "Good Life" on the radio.
  • catching up with friends and blogs online.
  • kicking George off of the computer and being the "mean mom"
  • pulling an inordinate amount of hair from a drain.  (No I did NOT take pictures, although it did cross my mind.  You are welcome.)
  • washing sheets and other sundries
  • the cleaning of two, count them two, exceptionally dirty bathrooms
To most people this is not an amazing life.


And, let's be honest, usually I don't think that it's all that amazing.  For some reason that day was different.  Something, from somewhere deep inside surfaced.  And with it came the realization that I, indeed, do have an amazing life.


All inclusive.


I believe it was because I was focusing on what I have rather than what I don't.


I want to remember this day.  Why? So on those days that I'm thinking my life isn't all that amazing I can have this here to revisit and remember.  That, yes, my life is.


And guess what?

Yours is too.  Really it is
.

8 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

We all have amazing elements, but it takes time, and reflection, to realize it is all, truly amazing.
Way to see the glasds half full.
I am so glad George is feeling better. If you ever get up this way for a meet, let me know. My nephew, who lives with us, wrestles.

Wonder Woman said...

Love this. Your account of George's concussion was gripping. I was scared and overjoyed right along with you. I'm so glad everything's okay.

Every once in a while, I have a day like this where I find joy and wonder in the small things. We really do lived blessed lives. Not everyone has a bathroom to clean, or sheets, or a washing machine. Glad you recorded this.

LOVE your Wonder Woman photo on the side. I saw it the other day and spent 20 minutes searching for it on google. :)

susette said...

I loooooooove the positive attitude. Can I borrow it for a little bit?

Barbaloot said...

Sounds good---all except the hair. That's one of my least favorite things to do.

wendy said...

there is Peace and Beauty in just doing those mundane things of life.
it is security
comfort
sometimes boredom, but you Know it all is a part of your family's core
and it truly is a blessing

because NO ONE wants any of those earth shattering events that can change your life, it's routine, it's rythm, in a single moment

tammy said...

Love this, because I know those feelings. The peace after the storm, and the thankfulness. Blessed indeed.

Lara Neves said...

Yes. I do have an amazing life, and I do forget that all too often. Thanks for the reminder.

I'm so glad to hear that George is doing better.

Amander said...

Hair from the drain is THE worst.

Glad George is doing okay!