Saturday, November 8, 2008

Yard Work


We are heading over to Mom's house in a little bit to do the big Fall yard clean up. We started doing this last year because Mom and Dad have a huge yard and they couldn't do it all on their own.

It's even more important now for us to keep this up. There is no way mom can do this all on her own. She has scoliosis and it is hard for her to be on her feet for long periods of time. So hopefully many hands will make light work. Tomorrow it's supposed to snow again. Hopefully her yard will be ready for the winter by the end of the day.

4 comments:

Jillene said...

Can we be related? I hate yard work hence the reason that my yard looks like CRAP!! We have 3 HUGE pine trees in the front yard--GOOD TIMES!!

You are so good to help your mom!! She will be SO appreciative of all your hard work!!

Kristina P. said...

My grandmother has a HUGE yard, and she refuses to hire someone to clean it. My grandpa is now in a home, so he can't do it.

We were in St. George to help her out, but it rained the whole time, so we couldn't do anything.

It's a beautiful day today, though!

Anonymous said...

I love the example that you are for strong extended families. I love that you are such a great source of support and service to your family. You really do inspire me. Your family is extremely blessed to have you in their lives.

Wendyburd1 said...

Now that we have a rider mower, my Dad bought bags and sucks up the leaves...for the first 20 years of my life, it was rake RAKE rAkE!! Aaahhhh and this is New England...hello LEAVE country!! Phew!