Thursday, November 10, 2011

Being a Mom

That's what I'm thankful for today.

17 years ago today I became one. I never realized (and probably still don't) all that that entails. Some days I don't feel all that much older than my, now, 17 year old.

You know how moms are supposed to be all "in charge" and "on top of things"?

Well most days I just feel like I'm along for the ride with my kids. I try not to shatter the illusion of control for the sake of my kids. Someone needs to pretend they have it all together.

I do love it, though. I love the challenges and the growth that have come with that title. I love the laughter and the tears that it has brought me these past 17 years.

But mostly?

I just love those 4 kids that chose me to be their mom...the tall one extra-specially today.
Jona, one day old. My goodness could you just SQUISH those cheeks?!?!?

p.s. I have been doing the thankful thing everyday on FB just not here on the blog. Need to work on that.

1 comment:

mCat said...

Oh my cheekness! Happy Birthday Jona