Monday, January 31, 2011

12

No I'm not posting by numbers. Although you may seem to think this since my last post was titled 8.

We had another birthday here at the O. house. George turned 12. While Jillian had to deal with a sick sister on her birthday George had to deal with a sick mom. Thankfully Ty stepped up and took George and his buddies off for a game of laser tag and some pizza.

Here's to George turning 12. It's a couple of days late but it's better than nuthin'.

George came to our family sooner than expected. It was only a few months after McKenna was born when I started getting the feeling that there was another little spirit that was longing to join our family.

This was highly disconcerting to me because, let's face it, McKenna was not an easy baby. When I told Tyran of these feelings that I was having he was not happy. And I said "You think I want to be saying this? I'm the one who has to carry the baby and give birth?"

17 months after McKenna joined our family we were in the hospital again awaiting George's arrival. He made his appearance a week early (as did all my children thank heavens!) around 6 in the evening and weighed in at 7 pounds 14 ounces.

Here he is on his blessing day.
He was so stinkin' cute!
But that hat didn't stay on for long.
He had a very large head and it was leaving
indentations on his poor little noggin'.

When he was just a few months old one day Ty was holding him after coming home from work. He looked at me and asked me "Did he get dropped or something today?"
Me (shocked and more than slightly offended) "No! Why?"

As Ty was holding him and looking at him he had noticed that one pupil was bigger than the other. Which can be a sign of a concussion so he was thinking that maybe he had been dropped. We scheduled a dr's appt. and from there we went on to a CT scan because in rare cases the difference in pupil size can be caused by a tumor.

Thankfully this was not the case and it's just something weird that comes along with George, especially when he is tired. The dr. just told us to make sure that we let any other dr's know and to make sure that they were aware of this if we ever had to take him into the ER. (You can sort of see the size difference in this picture)
I loved this little fishing hat that he got for Easter one year.
We lost it at the Art fair and I was sad.
I would have held onto it for him to give to his son.
This kid has the cutest smile and face ever.
That grin has gotten him out of more than I care to admit.

This year isn't the first year G has had to deal with a sick mom.
Jillian was born four days before his 4th birthday.
We were supposed to go out to McDonald's for his birthday.
Well I had some post delivery complications and
ended up being very ill and back in the OB's office instead
of taking him out to lunch.
I felt so bad. Here he was opening his presents at the foot of my
bed just before bedtime.
I love toothless pictures! Don't you?
This was a trip down to Pine Lake where he caught
a horned toad. He loved that thing
(can't you just see that in his face?)
and wanted to bring it home with us.
We made him leave it there.
He was not happy.
Here he is with his sister Jilli the day of his Baptism.
I love this picture so much it hurts.
He is such a great big brother.
He needed a picture for a "About me" poster for school
I took this one and printed it out and made him take it to school.
He didn't want to but when he showed it to his class they loved it.
It is SO George.
Looking Spiffy at 10.
I love his Hazel eyes. They are so full of sparkle and life.

And here he is now.
He got glasses just before Christmas last year.
I have a feeling that he'll be on that phone quite a bit more
as the years keep going by.
And it will probably be a girl on the other end of the line.
That scares me.
On Sunday he will get the priesthood.
The same day that Jillian will be confirmed a member
of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
I have a feeling it's going to be a great weekend.

Love you George!
Happy Birthday!!

6 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Two great events on Sunday-how cool!

Sorry you haven't been feeling well---but I bet laser tag and pizza was perfect for any 12 year old boy:)

Kristina P. said...

Sounds like the sickies are going around!

He's turning into quite the young man.

Unknown said...

What a busy time! I Am sorry you haven't been feeling quite up to par. I hope everyone gets back to normal soon! Enjoy this weekend, sounds busy, but very great. Love these milestones!

Missy said...

Super Sunday!
Happy Birthday George!

Gerb said...

Sounds like we have kids of similar ages. I had an 8-year-old daughter get baptized in January and a son who is turning 12 in April.

I like to tell myself that if we were neighbors our kids would be friends - because I can see some similarities.

Is that weird coming from someone you've never met? I hope not. I just think you've got a great family.

mCat said...

I'm even later now, but happy bd to George! What a handsome kid - and yes I am sure there will be lots of time on that phone with girls! : )