Monday, August 4, 2008

Switching Things Up

In my house we have three bedrooms. Therefore the boys share one room and the girls another. And Ty and I have the Master. Unfortunately the sizing of the kids' rooms is not equal. The girls have the much smaller room and have had it for all of the ten years that we have lived here in this house. ( Well for about 5 years of that M. had the room to herself but she doesn't remember that very well because she was so little.)

This week we are changing rooms. The boys are moving into the smaller room and the girls get to take over the larger room. Needless to the say the girls, especially M., are ecstatic. The boys are handling the move pretty well. They can see the fairness of it and are being very nice and calm about the whole thing.

Along with moving the kids comes the painting of the rooms. The girls want a pink and green and blue room and the boys are talking about painting the American flag on one wall and making the other walls camouflage. I'm not too sure about that. The flag I could do but I think the camo walls would overwhelm such a small room. I have to have a chat with the boys. We have 12 days until school starts and I'm hoping that we will be done with the switch by the first day of school.

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Mark Lee said...

The other danger in having a camo wall is that you might not be able to find anything in the room once you do it.

I'm just sayin'

Julie said...

Good luck!!

I want to see pictures when your done!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I love and hate that project! we are getting ready to paint our front room and it's exciting and overwhelming at the same time.

good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Have fun. I en joy painting everything but the trim - and love the end product. Can't wait to see photos. :)

Just SO said...

Thanks everyone!

Mark, I'll have to bring that up to G. I didn't even think of that! :)

I will take before and after pictures.

We bought a paint sprayer to do the outside of the house and we've never gotten around to that project so I'm hoping that it will come in handy here and make the painting process go faster and smoother.