Friday, October 10, 2008

Labels- Good or Bad?

Heh.

I am just noticing how many labels I have for my posts. I don't have it shown in the side bar but I do in my edit post area. There are probably over 50 labels and almost all of them only have one post by that label!

So why on earth do I label my posts?

I have no idea. I'll probably make up a new label for this post.

And just so I can put another post under the label of exercise. Ty and I rode bikes up to the rec center today to work out. It's the first time I've been on a bike in years. He asked me if I wanted to ride bikes there and I jumped at the chance. (He'll tell you differently and he'll be right).

I actually was very reluctant to ride there. The weird thing is that I have no idea why? When did riding a bike become un-fun? I LOVED riding bikes as a kid. I would ride for hours and hours around the neighborhood. Perfecting my tricks of standing on one pedal and putting my feet up on the handle bars. Yes, I lived on the edge as a child (ha!). No helmet or nuthin.

And now here I am 37 years old and I'm acting like it's torture to get on a bike and ride. It's not. And it wasn't.

It was actually a very nice bike ride and it gave me an extra bit of leg work out which I need. It was a bit brisk and the weather is starting to turn so that I don't know how much longer riding the bikes will work. But hey when Spring rolls around and the weather warms up again. Maybe then when Ty asks if I want to ride bikes up to the rec center I will have more enthusiasm at the idea. Because then I can perfect my riding without hands and all those fanciful tricks that you can do on a bike.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I never label my posts.
2. Just today I bought a $400 mountain bike for $50 at a garage sale. I can't wait for Rowdy to come home from school so we can hit the open road.
(Do you like how this became all about me?)

*MARY* said...

I haven't touched a bike in years. I wonder if I still remember how to work those contraptions.

Kristina P. said...

I don't really understand the purpose of labels. What are they for?

Tyran, the Yeti Yogi said...

Ah yes, you jumped at the chance...AFTER I pulled out the puppy eyes, the quivering lip and the "But don't you loooove me?"

Anonymous said...

I rediscovered bike riding this summer when I was trying to show off to my boys. Love it!

And labels - I guess everything has to have a label otherwise why would they have them.

Jillene said...

I don't label any of my posts--I don't know why, I just don't.

I bought myself a bike and a bike trailer (for Liv to ride in) and discovered that it is still fun to ride. I need to work on my mad skills and tricks too!!

Anonymous said...

I love labels b/c then if I want to find an old post I know is about "mama life" or "the boys" I can look through my archives under those labels and so on. I want to print out a lot of the ones I write about my kids, so I have labeled them so I can find them all easily later on.

Love the "fanciful" adjective for your bike tricks. I am picturing a jester or someone with scarves and glitter or something while doing a headstand on the bike. When I ride with Matthew later today I will try my hardest to be "fanciful" as I do my own tricks. ;)

Anonymous said...

I miss riding a bike.... glad you got back in the saddle :)

Wendyburd1 said...

Like the XTREME Mormons!! It's on my page if you haven't seen it. HILARIOUS! I am a Latter Day Saint, NOT a Latter Gay Ain't!!