Thursday, October 9, 2008

Etsy stuff

So Kristina asked me on my random post what kind of things I would sell on Esty. Here are a few pictures of things that I have done that I'm thinking of selling. Now, I paint the signs. They aren't vinyl. I'm not knocking vinyl. I think it's great and you can do a lot with it but I don't have the machine to cut the vinyl, nor do I have the money to buy the machine to cut the vinyl so I use paint instead. I think it looks okay.

I also use scrapbook paper and cut the letters out with an xacto knife. That's just something that I started doing and I'm loving the results. I love some of the scrapbook paper that they come out with and to find a way to display it in my home. That's a bonus.

So without further ado. Here is a sample of my work.
Wait....that's a wrong sample of my work. And I'd probably get in trouble for trying to sell him on Etsy. I think there's a law against that or something. Plus he's almost 14 now.

Actual craft work pictures. These are signs you can hang on your walls or set on a shelf. They are made from pine boards and painted by me.

I'm not sure if I could sell this first sign or not. I'm afraid the milk people would come after me for it. I'm not sure.


These last two are ones I'm working on to sell at a local botique. The first one is a square pumpkin (and I don't know if Artic Circle has some liscense on that or not please don't come after me if you do, head Artic Circle people) I'm not quite finished with it becasue I want to put some type of stem on the top with a small dowell some curly wire and a gree ribbon.


So what do you think? Would this fly on Etsy or not?

(Oh and I don't want to have to say this but it I don't want to get ripped off either. I would appreciate it if you didn't steal my ideas. I do go to the boutiques to get ideas but I don't then come home and make things exactly like those found there and try to sell them as my own. I do try to come up with original ideas. Please, Please do not steal from me. Thanks.)

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Shanna, those are awesome! They would totally sell on Etsy. You should definitely open a store.

Funky Kim said...

Be sure to have some idea about how much shipping would be and how you would ship them. But I'm certain that they would sell.

Anonymous said...

This wonderful lady made me a gorgeous sign with our family name on it, folks. I think doing that - personalization - would be a huge boost to the Etsy site, too, S. If you want a photo of the one you did for us let me know. :)

i'm erin. said...

ok, now could you please zoom into the pumpkin and give exact measurements, i am trying to duplicate it right now and I cant quite figure it out. hahahahahah..just kidding...

I would totally buy your stuff on etsy.

Wendy said...

Those are great! I am sure you'd would do great on Etsy.... and for being copied, it is the name of the game, my husband and I have been selling art for over 10 years and people are awful, people walk right up to the art take a photo of it and say I am going to make this! Nice HUH!!

*MARY* said...

I would buy the "eek!" It's so cute, much better than my starburst necklace idea.

TJ said...

These are so great, I'm not knocking vinyl ones either, but I prefer the painted ones, they show more craft (skill).
Great job.

Jillene said...

So super cute! They would TOTALLY sell!! I love the "eek!" I would FOR SURE buy that!!

Anonymous said...

Cute Baby! My son is almost 14 too!

Very cute work! Very talented!

Anonymous said...

I am the recepient of one of your signs too and I think you should and you'll get a lot of cash. I love mysign and you rock! love that pumpkin face too of course :)