Sunday, June 7, 2009

Keeping the Sabbath

George decided to be sick this morning. I went to church to help Jillian with her talk and then came back to sit with him.

I was a little bummed because it's fast and testimony meeting today and I do enjoy those. Ah well.

So now here I sit in the front room fighting the urge to get up and start working some more on my kitchen. I know my body needs this break. And so does my mind and spirit.

I think I'll visit some friends today. Visiting with friends is good. I'm going to try and get caught up with the 489 new posts in my Google reader. That's acceptable. Right?

Oh and a nap. A nap is definitely on the agenda. Right after my meeting for Girls Camp at 12:30.

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love Sunday naps. My new work schedule is kicking my butt, so it will be especially nice today!

Mary said...

I love everyday naps! Happy reading, and make sure to let your body rest :o)

Becca said...

Thanks for the post, it was something I needed to hear today!

Shawn said...

I had a 20 minute nap today---it was dee-vine!!

So worth it.

tammy said...

Sounds like a good day, even if you did have to miss Sac. Mtg. I love F&T meeting too.

mCat said...

Naps on Sunday. It just doesn't get any better. Except of course if you wake up to a batch of brownies. Then that is the prime best. I think I owe Tuffy something special for it today

Erin said...

I hope you had a wonderful Sunday, even though you weren't able to attend sac meeting. And thanks for the Pandora MoTab idea!

Rachel Sue said...

I hope you got a nap. Sunday naps are the best. Especially with sick children.

Bonnie the Boss said...

Naps on Sunday afternoon are a beautiful thing!

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

489 new posts?! Seriously! And I was overwhelmed when my hit 85 today.

AS Amber said...

I like testimony meeting, too. But only because that's when the CRAZIES come out!!!

And I love naps. No matter what day it is.

Jo said...

The Sabbath is a day of rest. I think God took a nap that first Sabbath day, so why can't we?