Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

I have a feeling most of my posts are going to be photo posts over this Spring Break. So here we go...

Saturday began with getting our egg coloring mojo on....



































The swirly egg was done by using rubber cement on the egg before coloring it and then peeling it off. I loved this idea that was brought to my attention by the blog full of all types of great ideas Be Different Act Normal

Saturday night I put the girls hair up in Bunnies . I learned of this idea awhile ago from the lovely Springrose whose blog for some reason did not get put into my Google reader and I've been missing out!












I had to do McKenna's in much bigger bunnies because she likes bigger curls and I was in a hurry because Ty and I had to leave for the adult session of our Stake Conference that night.

Jillian's hair worked out really well. McKenna's was still damp and I didn't have time to put a blow dryer to it because we were heading out the door to Stake Conference. The girls slept much better in them than they do in curlers and it doesn't take nearly as long to get them in either. We'll definitely be doing this again.

Sunday morning the kids woke up to the Easter stuff in the living room. We had Stake Conference at 10:00 a.m. so they were only allowed a couple of pieces of chocolate. Here they are in all their Easter finery.

Why, you ask is Jillian so sad in this picture? Because I had threatened to take away her chocolate bunny because she wasn't cooperating for picture taking. Yes I'm a mean mother.And in this one she is laughing because George knows how to make her laugh. Which is good.It was a very nice day. We were able to visit with all the grandmas and grandpas and had a fun Easter egg hunt over at Grandma Connie and Grandpa Scott's house with all of the cousins. This is Ty's side of the family. Here's a picture of all but the two littlest cousins after the hunting was over.
It was a good weekend. Today we have a yard cleanup scheduled at my mom's house and a hot dog roast and Easter egg hunt with my side of the family. Should be fun.

Tomorrow it's supposed to start to rain and Wednesday and Thursday the bottom is supposed to drop out of the temperatures. Record cold. Thanks a lot Mother Nature. I think we have a museum trip and hopefully the dollar theater will be open for Matinees.

I'm going to try roasting a Peep over the fire tonight to see how that turns out. I'll let you know.

18 comments:

Kristina P. said...

The hair looks great!

springrose said...

Thanks for the comment and sympathy. When I get the pictures up you will have to see them! Your girls hair look great! Good job!

That Girl said...

I want a daughter just so I can do that do her hair.

mCat said...

Love the hair idea! When Sissy finally gets enough, I am going to give it a go!

Boy Mom said...

I am dying to know how the roasted peep turned out!

Christa said...

If you are a mean mom, then I am too. I use candy, toys and anything else I can think of as leverage all the time.

AW Cake! said...

Mmmm....roasted peeps... Know what else is good roasted over a fire??? Starburst! I know, who would've thunk? You put them on your little stick and then put them over the fire until they start to bubble a little. They're a little crunchy on the outside and soft and squishy on the inside...delish!

Anonymous said...

wow McK looks great but so old w/ those darker glasses on!!!

and those eggs look GREAT!

Vanessa said...

Those are some cute kiddos! And the girls hair turned out cute!

So not looking forward to the end of the week! Spring Break is going to be crappy w/the weather! I was hoping to go to the zoo, but we might have to go to a museum or the aquarium in Sandy. BOO!

Anonymous said...

Great pics. Hey, I LOVE Peeps. Can't wait to hear how that goes ...

wendy said...

What a neat idea for the hair. I always enjoyed doing eggs with the kids. I had no one around this easter as they were all with the "other" side of the family. DANG. I love the grumpy face on your daughter and then the laugh--that was great.

Rachel Sue said...

I may have to try that on my girls hair. They love having curlers in but hate sleeping in them.

And seriously: I want to know if the peep expirement is yummy!

Shawn said...

Cutie kids.... Fun Easter happenings!

And it looked so warm---we had to take pics indoors, as it was about 42 degrees outside---arghhh!

Becca said...

Cool eggs.

Cool curls. (Looks way easier than pink curlers)


Looks like you had a great weekend!

Sweet Tea said...

What great Easter fun, and you've got the photos to prove it! Great day making great memories!

Thanks for signing on as a Follower of my Blog. I gave you a "Shout out", so stop by again to check it out!

Kate said...

I love the hair idea. Great pictures. Looks like you had lots of fun with family this weekend. Have a great week.

tiburon said...

That hair kicks A in a major way!

You guys did some serious egg dyeing too!

Jo said...

Great pictures! Why do they call them bunnies? I am going to have to try that with the Pea.