Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Normal Day

I really don't feel like I have all the much to say. There's not a whole lot going on around here. I need to get dishes done and I'm hoping to the the car vacuumed and cleaned out. Tonight I'm going to a seminar on turning misbehavior around by a group called the Legacy Foundation. You can check out a good website, www.leadingfamilies.com. I'm not sure if the Legacy Foundation is affiliated with that site or not but it's a good site, what I've seen of it anyway. I am looking forward to the seminar though.

As I pondered on what to post, and not feeling that I have all that much to put out there I remembered a quote that I came upon at Inspiration Peak. As I read it I realized just how true it was. Especially for me. I need to print it out and hang it somewhere in my house. Here it is....

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return."

Mary Jean Iron

May you all have your normal days. If not today then tomorrow.

3 comments:

Tyran, the Yeti Yogi said...

Glad to see you posting again, I worry when you don't.

Anonymous said...

You always seem to put a positive spin on things no matter what - it is one of the things I like best about you, S. What a great example that is for your kids, too. :)

Great quote, too!

Just SO said...

Thanks, NC. Sometimes I don't feel very positive and I worry about that coming across in my posts.