Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Moment of Silence Please

For our waffle iron. It gave up the ghost this morning. Right in the middle of making a waffle. It gave it's best to the very end. It went into the garbage with a belly full of batter so it will be well fed on it's journey to the lands where it's waffle iron ancestors await it.

I'd also like to take a moment of silence for the many spiders that have lost their lives in our home this past month. I don't know if you have this problem in you home but our home has been inundated with those little yellow house spiders. Drives me crazy. So here's to those spiders that have gone on to spider heaven. May there be many insects there and your webs be full.

11 comments:

Erin said...

You gave two great eulogies right there Shanna. May the waffle iron and the spiders rest in peace.

Jillene said...

R.I.P. waffle iron. What a beautiful eulogy you gave Shanna!!

Kristina P. said...

I have a waffle iron that I have only used once. To make waffle cookies. Delicious!

tammy said...

Poor little waffle iron.

Not so sad on the spideys. Me no likey either.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

(silence)

Lara Neves said...

Such a sad day at your house. So sorry.

AW Cake! said...

Spiders and waffle irons. Maybe you should hang on to the waffle iron so that you have something to squish the spiders with...

Brooke said...

Hilarious! I, too, have worn out a waffle iron, and it was a sad day indeed...Here's to better days with a new one.

And, for the spiders, try HOME DEFENSE, it works like a charm. Particularly for the little yellow house spiders that seem to haunt homes in PG.

Lisa Summerhays said...

I weep openly. Sorry for your loss.

tiburon said...

I think I would cry if my waffle maker broke. It is my favorite appliance. Especially with my rockin' recipe. :)

Bonnie the Boss said...

Tears, I have tears! Beautifully moving! Hate Spiders, good riddance!