Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank You

is thankful today for the men and women of the armed services who have served
and who continue to serve our country.

Two small words.

Thank. You.

It doesn't seem enough really.

But it is what I offer.

Thank you to all of the men and women who have stood

"Between their loved homes and war's desolation"

These are pictures of a few of the names of people
on the Veteran's memorial in my home town.
Three are my great uncles.

One is a great uncle of my husband.

One is a dear family friend.

One is an uncle of my husband.

One is the grandfather of my husband and the
great-grandfather to my children,
he served on Iwo Jima.
One is my brother-in-law who is an air force recruiter

And one is my father-in-law who served in a the Army
Tank division in Germany during Viet Nam and
then served in the Air Force Reserves
.

And there are so many more in my life...
A nephew who serves in the Marine Corps
Cousins, both mine and Tyran's, who have flown
many missions for the Air Force
The young man that lives across the street who just returned from service
Another brother-in-law who served in the Air Force Reserve

Both of my sons have expressed an interest in serving their country.
I would be honored as a mother if this is the path they choose.

To all of you who put your lives on the line

Again, I know it's not much but know it is
heart felt and sincere when I say,

Thank you.



4 comments:

mCat said...

I am just amazed at all the wonderful tributes I am reading today - great one Shanna!

Trying to work on my own, but I keep crying and having a hard time finding the right words.

tammy said...

This is a great tribute. We have many to be thankful to.

Kristina P. said...

Well said, Shanna.

Cheeseboy said...

Very cool. A special thanks to all your veteran relatives and all veterans for their service and honor.