Thursday, October 1, 2009

Words

Meandering about the blogisphere you come across all different types of blogs. Photography Blogs (of which I have one that I've been seriously neglecting). Crafting blogs. Family Blogs. Music Blogs. Funny Blogs. Blogs about cool things on the internet.

Honestly if you have something that you love or are interested in I am sure that there are blogs out there for you.

This is what I love about blogging. That you can find people half way across the world that have the same interests and connect with them. Isn't it cool to know that you are not alone in your love for the Snuggie? Or that you too like pictures of animals dressed in human clothes? (BTW can someone remind me the address of this blog? I remember meeting the person at the Brittany's shower but can't remember the blog name!)

Do you know what blogs that I am really drawn to lately? The writers blogs. Which probably makes sense. I mean who doesn't love a well written post? The last little while I've found myself longing to belong to this group of blogs. Which is surprising. Really it is.

I never was big on writing. I didn't enjoy it in school. I was more on the "sporty" end of things. Now? Now I would love nothing more than to be able to find words that would touch others through their magic. To be able to put my thoughts into words like....

See there? That is the problem. I get to a point where the words don't/won't come. Or if they do come they sound cheesy or forced. I really wanted my Ode to a Yellow Couch to actually be an Ode but didn't have a clue how to go about that.

Words are not my talent. So for now I'll be content with being on the receiving end. (And maybe get to work adding to my photography blog.)

Thank you to all the amazing writers out there who share their joys and pains and everyday life through amazing words. Really my days are so much the more (more what I can't say because I'm at a loss for words) when I read you.

22 comments:

annie valentine said...

Whateva lady. Writing isn't about eloquence, it's about clarity. Clarity you got.

Gerb said...

I also love writing blogs... but especially ones that weave photography throughout their writing.

Kristina P. said...

The animals dressed in clothes blog is my coworker's blog.

www.mandermusings.blogspot.com

I'll let her know you're coming for her!

Kristina P. said...

Amanda also wanted me to mention this:

You forgot to mention I’m not only your co-worker, but a very dear friend, and a REALLY awesome person.

This is all very true.

Olivia Carter said...

Love writing & writers blogs.

And I love the Halloween makeover of your blog. Very cool!

That Girl said...

Amen to Annie. You don't need 15-point-Scrabble-words to be a good writer. You just need to identify with your audience.

So you deserve a Pulitzer.

Barbaloot said...

Yes-it would be amazing to have a gift to draw your audience in and make them experience your feelings! As it is, I'm just happy to write down whatever I think...and enjoy peoples' photography blogs, cuz I don't even have one of those:)

Amander said...

I'm glad Kristina followed up with my comment to her on here. I am awesome! I am going to add your blog to my reader now :)

Rachel Sue said...

I'm in your boat. I love the writing blogs. Reading them is like listening to music. And I wish that I could find my own music.

Vanessa said...

I like your new background. I like good writers too...but when they get too long and too wordy, I tune out. Yours is just perfect. No tuning out here.

Lori said...

I'm not a very good writer. I feel the same way as you!!!

By the way I changed my blog name to Life as Lori
http://lifeaslori.blogspot.com/

mCat said...

You know what? I just like words and since I am a terrible writer I have no idea who is good and who isn't. I like what connects to me.
And you, my friend, connect!

Erin said...

I'm not a good writer myself. What I love is making the connections and friendships.

And I love your blog.

And I love your new background too. Did you do the background and header yourself? So talented.

the fowlers said...

but you so are in that category of writers!

i think what makes a writer is a unique voice and you definitely have that. i love reading every word you have to say.

Lara Neves said...

I love the writing blogs too. I find I learn a lot from them, and just by blogging I am a much better writer than I was a few years ago.

Omgirl said...

hey! Long time no....

I agree. It's so nice to read a poetic, well-written, poignant blog. And also the totally random, silly ones.

Teachinfourth said...

Everybody has something for somebody...that's what makes blogging so great.

Just keep doing what you do well.

tiburon said...

I couldn't write my way out of a wet paper bag. I am so with you :)

I love reading!

Wendyburd1 said...

I don't get it. What is a WRITING blog exactly??

springrose said...

I love the writing blogs where they are telling a story! I especially loved Navel Gazing's story she was writing, can't wait for her to finish and publish since she is no longer putting it on her blog!
Oh, if you decide to make the topiary, just make sure you're sticks dry completely upright! Mine sagged a little one way but by the time I noticed it it was dry! But I'm too cheap to buy another pot and the casting "stuff" (I can't remember what it is called!)! Good luck, post pictures so I can see your topiary!!

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

I'm with you...I really enjoy the writing blogs. Maybe someday I'll be that cool. But for now...cool background!

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.