Friday, October 2, 2009

Lobstah Killah

Have you seen Julie & Julia yet?

No? Why not? If you haven't seen this you simply MUST. If just to see the "lobsta killa" scene.

Oh and to watch Meryl Streep actually become Julia Child.

I loved this show! It will be mine when it comes out on video.

I could have watched a whole movie that was only about Julia and her husband (played by Stanley Tucci who was also fabulous in this. But then I really *heart* Stanley Tucci so there could be some bias there.)

And seriously? If Meryl Streep doesn't win an Oscar for this role there is something inherently wrong in Hollywood.

Without further ado...."Lobsta killa"



Now....RUN don't walk to the nearest showing of this movie and be thoroughly entertained.

11 comments:

mCat said...

Shark and I saw this last week. LOVED IT! Meryl Streep is one of my all time favorite actresses and she NAILED Julia.

And the lobstah scene? Hysterical!!!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

That clip is funny! I wondered what people would say...I was waiting patiently to hear it, before I committed to seeing it..

Tyran, the Yeti Yogi said...

White text on grey background = eye strain.

Erin said...

I have to see this movie. Preferably before it comes out on DVD.

Martha H. said...

Loved this movie.

Emmy said...

I haven't seen it yet either, totally want to though.

Shelle and Dan said...

Totally loved this movie and promptly got in line at the library for Julia Child's cookbook. I was so inspired to try French cooking!

the fowlers said...

Even though I was going through the worst part of morning sickness and cringed a little at the raw meat parts, I loved the movie! I got a new cookbook the next day and, as soon as I could face the kitchen, got to cooking and baking again!

PS - I totally made food for Stanley Tucci when I worked at Sundance. For some reason I always remember him as the guy from Beethoven who gets bit between the legs.

Funky Kim said...

I must see this movie. Dwaine's not wanting to see it. Probably go by myself. LOL

Liz Mays said...

I hear nothing but good about this movie and I must see it!

Teachinfourth said...

Had several people say that it is really good...I will have to get to the theater before it's gone.