Thursday, September 11, 2008

Would it Look Bad?

I tried out the elliptical machine at the Rec Center today. I'm afraid I don't like it. It makes my feet feel like they are falling asleep. It's like there's not enough blood getting to them or something. Not a good feeling. Tomorrow I'll try a treadmill and see if that goes any better. Oh and I'll remember to bring some headphones so I can actually hear what they are saying on one of the four lovely flat screen t.v.s they have there. They showed a sneak peak of The Half Blood Prince and I couldn't hear a word!

As I was on the elliptical I had my trusty water bottle sitting one of the two areas that they have on the machine. I noticed that these lovely spots were fairly large. Do you think that it would look bad if I brought one of these to drink as I'm working out?



Hmmm....Probably would huh? That and the fact that I'd be guzzling down more calories than I'm actually burning as I work out. I did resist the temptation to drive to my favorite gas station and by a large drink. Instead I came home and got me a cup of green grapes.

Go me!

6 comments:

Julie said...

I had the same thing happen to me on the elliptical. Then I got new shoes and my feet didn't fall asleep on it anymore!

Are your shoes in good shape? My shoes are still good, but I found my small toes have started falling asleep again, so I looked at my inserts and they were pretty worn out. I bought some new inserts, and now I just need to get back to the Y and see if that solved the problem. :)

Just SO said...

I actually just went and bought new shoes before I went to work out because I don't have any decent workout shoes. So I don't know what the deal is.

My feet also do this when I do certain exercises in like a aerobics class.

Anonymous said...

Heck, just put diet soda in it and call it a day. Then you don't have to worry about the calories. ;) ;)

Tyran, the Yeti Yogi said...

No Soda For You!

Did you try the weights out?

TJ said...

Look for me, I'll be the fat chick with the mountain on the sit down bike. Just sitting there.

*MARY* said...

I'm sitting hear eating an entire carton of thin mint ice cream while I read about you exercising and choosing the grapes, I know I should feel guilty but this ice cream is just sooooo good.