“I LOOKED ON CHILD REARING NOT ONLY
AS A WORK OF LOVE AND DUTY
BUT AS A PROFESSION THAT DEMANDED
THE BEST THAT I COULD BRING TO IT.”
I love the quote for the day and I need to remember that each day that I need to bring the best that have to offer to my kids.
As for the challenge ... here is my list... I bring these things to being a mom...hopefully it helps.
- A sense of humor
- Willingness to listen, and listen, and listen and listen.
- Knowledge of the importance of good Communication
- Up on current trends and music
- A fun loving attitude
- Consistency and sense of routine
- I know how and when to say "I'm sorry I made a mistake."
- A thick skin
- Good hugger
- A ready smile
- A love of reading
- The ability to watch my child fail
- And be there for them when they do.
- A love of learning
- The ability to laugh at myself and enjoy it
- An awesome twinkle in my eye
- The ability to see beyond the choices that my child makes to the child
- How and when to say NO and and the importance of setting boundaries.
- and more Love
So there you have it. That's my list. What's yours? I'd love to see!
P.S. (Every other thing on that list is Love just in a different language. Just in case it is confusing.)