Friday, February 12, 2010

To Write Love on Her Arms


My husband found this group on FB and I joined and I am participating....

I went to their official site and I think it's an incredible group.
I love their Vision Statement. It begins like this,

"The vision is that we actually believe these things…

You were created to love and be loved. You were meant to live life in relationship with other people, to know and be known. You need to know that your story is important and that you're part of a bigger story. You need to know that your life matters."

Seriously how amazing is that?

If you want to read the whole statement you can go HERE it really is worth a few minutes of your time to go and read the whole thing.

My life had been affected by depression, addiction, suicide and cutting.
All things that this group focuses on.

So I took a few minutes and wrote love on my arm.

7 comments:

Nikki said...

You are so artistic! If I tried to write on my arm, it would end up hideous. And then I'd be stuck with a bright pink mess. lol

Seriously, that is an awesome vision statement. Thanks for sharing it.

Erin said...

Thanks for sharing this. You are a beautiful person, inside and out.

Bonnie the Boss said...

Cool! It is so difficult to not feel loved by those who are closest to you.
We love you!

wendy said...

depression, suicide, addiction and cutting --heavy stuff
YOUR LIFE IS IMPORTANT as that mission statement said
I'd like to know more of YOU

we are all affected by this journey called life in one way or another

it helps to learn from each other

Elisa said...

That is an amazing photo of an amazing arm that is full of love.

I LOVE this idea! {I also LOVE how you wrote that on your arm. HOW? I mean really. HOW?}

Wendyburd1 said...

I have been to this site, but was confused. I thought it was a site to help people who are depressed, etc, but don't see where you go to write and talk with people to express your story and help them with theirs!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful arm. I had a link to fundraise for this organization on my blog for a long time, but wasn't really any clicks (it just operated on a click basis, not donation), and so didn't repost it when I switched blog formats. I feel so strongly about helping women who suffer with these issues. Bless you for making public your part in it, and for writing love on your arm.