Monday, November 16, 2009

So Random

I'm going to give this a shot....
  1. I don't know if I'll be able to do it.
  2. I applied for a job.
  3. It's been 15 years since I was in the work force.
  4. My hands were so cold before the interview I sat on them to see if I could get them warm.
  5. It kind of worked.
  6. I love Tangy Taffy. It's just so Tangy and Taffy-ee...
  7. I love the song Party in the U.S.A. by Miley Cyrus.
  8. I don't love the video. I think she looks kind of slutty.
  9. I had to look on Google to see if I spelled Cyrus right
  10. I didn't so I fixed it.
  11. I do that with words or names a lot.
  12. I'm hungry.
  13. I'd like a Tangy Taffy.
  14. Or something else.
  15. The last job I had I worked at a restaurant called The Tiffin Room. They made some good food there.
  16. I hurt my tailbone sledding last winter.
  17. It still hurts.
  18. Especially when I sit on the soft chairs in church.
  19. And this chair in front of my computer at home.
  20. My husband wants me to get it checked but really? What is there that can be done for the tailbone. It's one of those needless parts of the body.
  21. Kind of like the appendix
  22. Which, by the way, I still have.
  23. And My husband doesn't.
  24. Why is it called the appendix anyway?
  25. I should probably Google that little tidbit.
  26. But not right now because I'm slogging through this random post.
  27. I probably think far too ahead.
  28. I don't worry about things in the future but I do think about them.
  29. I want to see 2012. It looks really good.
  30. Do I think that the world will end then? Possibly. But I don't know. Haven't a clue. The world could end tomorrow for all I know.
  31. But that would be sad because then not too many people would see this post.
  32. Would that matter in the grand scheme of things? Naw.
  33. I went back to Rooster Dumpling and Noodle bar and tried the Ramen.
  34. It was FABULOUS! Perfect for the cold weather. Spicy but not "hot" spicy just flavorful spicy. It was the Shrimp Ramen.
  35. I love seafood.
  36. I need to buy a shrimp ring for the holidays.
  37. My mouth is watering as I think about it.
  38. I wish the company that I interviewed with would call or email me and let me know if I got the job.
  39. So far the only calls that have come through this morning have all been from my mom.
  40. She's the best
  41. Have you heard that new song by Rhianna? Russian Roulette?
  42. I had to Google Rhianna's name to make sure I spelled it right.
  43. I did.
  44. I didn't have to Google the word Roulette.
  45. Is that bad?
  46. That song is really good but also kind of terrifying to listen to.
  47. And I worry about what the kids these days will do with it?
  48. Will incidents of Russian Roulette rise because of that song?
  49. Hey looky there!
  50. I just hit the half way mark!
  51. The clock in this office ticks really, really loud.
  52. That is why it's in the office.
  53. I fell asleep with my contacts in the other night and didn't realize it.
  54. Even when I woke up at three a.m. not being able to sleep and when I got up to read my eyesight was all cloudy. I couldn't figure out why.
  55. Until the next morning when I went to put my contacts in and they weren't in their case.
  56. I probably should have saved that little bit for a "No She Di'int!" Post.
  57. We had my brothers and sisters over for dinner last Thursday. Good times.
  58. They always make me laugh.
  59. We had a baked potato bar. Yum!
  60. Bacon in a bottle is really good.
  61. So is Ragu Cheddar Cheese sauce with broccoli added to it.
  62. I change the radio station whenever the song "I got a Feelin'" by the Black Eyed Peas comes on.
  63. Not because it isn't a good song it is just played FAR too much
  64. I just yawned.
  65. Now, did you yawn?
  66. Because they say that yawning is contagious.
  67. Just thinking about you yawning made me yawn.
  68. There was just a loud noise outside my house.
  69. I need to go check it out.
  70. It was city workers digging a hole in the street to fix a water leak at the apartments next door.
  71. Their truck is parked illegally in front of my mailbox and the fire hydrant next to my mailbox.
  72. I wonder if they will get a ticket?
  73. I just remembered that I have to take dinner in tonight to a couple who just had a baby.
  74. It's a good thing because I need to defrost some meat.
  75. Hey three quarters of the way done!
  76. It's 20 after 12 and I'm still in my p.j.'s. Not good.
  77. I only have a few things purchased for Christmas.
  78. I wish I were more on the ball like other people who already have their shopping done.
  79. I have no idea what to get for my husband.
  80. Sometimes I enjoy listening to talk radio.
  81. I must be getting old.
  82. We still have fruit flies. Those suckers are hard to get rid of.
  83. We have not raked our leaves yet. I'm hoping for good enough weather this week.
  84. I want to make my Christmas cards this year.
  85. Do you want one? If so email me your snail mail address and I'll shoot one off to you.
  86. I usually put a family "newsletter" in with the card. I know some people hate them.
  87. I'm not one of those people.
  88. I do try to make my newsletters realistic by putting in struggles as well as achievements.
  89. My feet are cold.
  90. That's probably a sign that I need to get up and moving.
  91. Come on brain! Only ten more to go.
  92. I can't wait for Turkey day. I LOVE turkey.
  93. And stuffing.
  94. And rolls....oh the rolls.
  95. Oh and pie.
  96. But the very best thing about Thanksgiving? The leftovers.
  97. Yeah. I said it. I love leftovers. I could do a whole post about leftovers.
  98. Maybe I will.
  99. I need to remember that we need to draw names on my side of the family because I don't think we did that last year at the Christmas party.
  100. If you got through all of this randomness more power to you. Give yourself a gold star. You deserve one.

16 comments:

Amander said...

You already know I LOVE Miley!

Kristina P. said...

I do not have my appendix. And I'm the one who started forcing Adam's side of the family to draw names.

Barbaloot said...

Good luck with the job! I think Miley's video is kind of slutty, too. Sad-I'm losing hope for her being a "normal" girl.

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

I want to do a random post now. But I don't think I can make it to 100. Good luck on the job.

Jillene said...

I like the Miley song too. Not her--but the song. And I REALLY hope that they call soon and tell you that you got the job!!

Emmy said...

I got a gold star!
Very random indeed, good job!

I want to see 2012 also though I don't think the world will end then.

and I have already started making stuffing with dinner occasionally.. I love stuffing!

springrose said...

I have a pumpkin pie in the oven right now as I type, it's for FHE treat. As I typed that I thought of puting I have a bun in the oven, but I don't! Weird! I think all your randomness made my brain all screwy!! I think there is little or no hope left for Miley, but I to like the song. And I to love Thanksgiving leftovers. It means little cooking for days! Plus nothing beats a roll with mashed potatoes, then turkey and finally gravey heated up in the microwave so YUMMO! You must try it and let me know what you think. Oh you also add a dash of salt and pepper!! ;)

the fowlers said...

I actually LOVE talk radio. I've liked it since I turned 20 - does that make 20 old?! I can't listen to the yelling shows, though. I can listen to Dr. Laura, strangely enough. Normally I like NPR the best.

Jessica G. said...

Woot! I get a gold star!

And if you figure out what to get your husband, please tell me because I am absolutely clueless on what to get mine...clothes, maybe? Then I could get rid of some of his nasty t-shirts.

Anonymous said...

awsome post shan! i love that quote at the top of your page!!

Wendyburd1 said...

ROFL! What IS this? LOL!

Brooke said...

Awesome, I just barely earned my gold star after being interrupted twice last night and once this morning...I loved it! You're so hilarious!

Funky Kim said...

I get a gold star! But I only managed this feat of achievement because I'm at home, catching up, since I've spent the last few days sick. Hoping to work tomorrow.

Well....hoping to feel well enough to work tomorrow! Work. Ugh.

wendy said...

WOW, 100 things....I am impressed.
the funniest was that if the world ends tomorrow, who would see this post----------made me giggle.

I like all the things on your sidebar too

tiburon said...

Yesssssssssssss

Gold star for Tib!!

Erin said...

Thanks for trying to get me to yawn.

When will you find out about the job?

I turn it when I hear I Gotta Feelin too. I'm just kind of tired of it.

Cute post!