Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fifteen there still time for you

Fifteen years ago I awoke to a small gush of water that was the prelude to the birth of a 9 pound 8 ounce amazing baby boy about 12 hours later.

He was always ahead of the curve physically. In fact he just had his wisdom teeth removed a couple of weeks ago.

Believe me, he's wise enough for those teeth to be coming in. He is wise beyond his years.

Fifteen years ago I held this little (okay not so little because when you have a 9 pound baby it's like giving birth to a three month old...really it is) bundle in my arms.Fifteen years ago my husband gave him a name and a blessing. He was an angel.


He still is an angel. Just a bit bigger.

Happy Birthday Jona!

19 comments:

Tyran, the Yeti Yogi said...

I started reading this in my RSS reader and thought, "Wow, this author has a son that's 15 today just like Jona! I wonder who it is? Duh."

Teachinfourth said...

Good thing you didn't give birth to him today; he's a bit bigger than 9 pounds...

Vanessa said...

What a cute boy! HB Jona!

Emmy said...

Happy Birthday!! And he was a big boy, love his cheeks at 1 day old!

the fowlers said...

I love that he always looked like Jona, from day one.
Happy birthday to a cousin who always makes me smile.

Kristina P. said...

He was so chubby! Happy birthday to Jona!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jona!!!

Funky Kim said...

Tyran cracked me up!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Jona!!! Great pictures and memories...

Jessica G. said...

Happy birthday, kiddo! (You never get too old to hug your mom, ya know...)

Jillene said...

Aaaawwww....Happy Birthday Jona!!

tiburon said...

Happy Birthday Jona! I can't believe you have a 15 year old - that just doesn't seem possible :)

Erin said...

Happy birthday to Jona! I hope it was fabulous.

Lara Neves said...

Happy Birthday! And I hope the wisdom teeth are healed enough for you to enjoy lots of cake and ice cream! :)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday jona! i can't believe you are 15 years old!!

mCat said...

Happy Birthday tiger! 15 !

Cranberryfries said...

It's amazing watching your own kids grow up. I hope he had a fantastic birthday!

wendy said...

It is so fun to watch the children grow up ----and learn.
what a nice looking kid

9 lbs -----YOU GO GIRL

Omgirl said...

Just a titch bigger, LOL! What a fine, strapping young lad!

Oh my gosh, 9 lbs, 8 oz! My vagina hurts just thinking about it.