Friday, August 22, 2008

My husband the Yogin

I just want to publicly congratulate my husband on his new job. (It's not his full time job it's a second job.) But it's been a dream of his for a while now and I think that it's awesome that he is following his dream, making it a reality.

He's been practicing Yoga now for a few years and has been talking about wanting to become certified to teach and maybe even open his own little Yoga studio someday. He's been saving up money to go and get certified but in the meantime he's taught a few free classes at our church and kept up his own practices. When a friend mentioned that they were looking for a Yoga instructor at the community center and that he should go and apply, at first Ty wasn't so sure because he isn't certified. But he decided that he would put in his application and see what happened.

He got the job. He has be come a Yoga Instructor at our local community center. Way to go Honey! In fact he is there right now getting ready to teach his third class. He has a website that is in my links to the left called Everyday Yoga. You should check it out. (and if you feel like congratulating him yourself in his comments that would be great!)

I've gone to the classes that he's taught at our church and think that he does a great job. His voice is very calm and soothing. I had a hard time staying awake when we did the relaxation portion at the end of class sometimes. He knows and loves Yoga. He's going to do a great job and I hope that we can get the money saved up soon so that he can go and get his certificate.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful!!! Congratulations. So cool when someone's dreams start coming true. One step closer to that studio! :)

Anonymous said...

VERY COOL! congrats T!


that is really cool he loves that I have done a few from Fit TV, it's really relaxing and I love it!

Mark Lee said...

I can see Ty being a successful, wonderful yogi. Certainly not the spontaneously combustible kind. (Cute vid!)