Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Things I kinda, sorta love right now

This stuff has made it possible for me to semi function.
Although this is nasty it's the only thing that would
take care of my sore throat and make it so I could actually sleep
through the pain.
My humidifier. After waking up at 1 a.m. and not being
able to sleep I plugged this in and felt the sweet relief of
humidified air.
I only wish we had a whole house humidifier.
One day....one day.... that will be mine.
Vaseline is the only thing that keeps my lips from
jumping off of my face screaming because they are so
dry and sore from breathing through my mouth all the time.
I usually don't like cough drops because of the taste.
These?
I LOVE. Not only do they taste good but they have
just enough "vapor action" that they keep my
sinuses open.
And for when I need extra "Vapor action" I slather
this under and all around my nose.
These little beauties used in conjunction with
the Vicks Vaporub have kept at least
one of my sinus passages open at all times.
I've even contemplated wearing them out in public...
so far I haven't been quite that desperate.
They have been my salvation.
And these...
I have been trying to make it through this cold using
good old fashioned TP but my nose rebelled.
It was completely red and chapped and so sore.
I made a special run to the store to just for the Puffs.

I hope that I won't have to lean on these much longer.
I want to be well.

14 comments:

the fowlers said...

i have a solution for your whole house humidifier - move here!
but seriously!
we have a DEhumidifier!

hope you get feeling better soon. i believe that moms should never be sick. ever.

Mary said...

Sorry you're feeling so icky! Mucinex makes a pill that is both pseudoephedrine (decongestant) & guaifenesin (expectorant) and I got for my sisters when they were in town & they cleared up in 3 days.
My poor babies have had the cool mist vaporizer on for the past 5 days. I hate winter!

Deanna and Gary said...

Do the puffs work?? Are they really soft on the nose?

Laura aka LaLaGirl said...

Things I sorta love right now: your blog template! It's so pretty!

When I was enduring THE COLD OF NOVEMBER it helped me a lot to drink a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in some hot water. It's nasty to slug down, but it really does help with the congestion and coughing. Good luck, girlfriend. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Kristina P. said...

I'm not sure if I understood this post. Are you saying you're sick?

Barbaloot said...

Yuck. Hopefully soon you can start loving things like good food, rest, being able to breath etc:)

I love Vaseline, too. It's pretty much the only thing I wear on my lips.

sisterwendy said...

I agree with Barbaloot- Vaseline is the only thing that touches my lips :) seriously. Hope you feel better! I hate being really sick :(

Bonnie the Boss said...

I am a tissue snob and will only use puffs with lotion. I am so sorry you are sick!! I hope you get feeling better soon!!

Anonymous said...

thank goodness for modern medicine! i don't know what i'd do with out it. hope you get feeling better soon!!!

Cheeseboy said...

I have never seen anyone ever so well prepared to deal with a cold. Nicely done.

Gerb said...

Holy cow, that's quite a list! I hope you're feeling much better very soon.

Emmy said...

So sorry. I have been fighting a cold/sore throat cough thing for almost three weeks now

Amander said...

Boo on sickness. It really sucks. But I hear you about using *real* tissues versus toilet paper. Makes SUCH a difference.

mCat said...

We refuse to use anything BUT tissue with lotion in it. And not the generic brand either!

Hope you are feeling better!