Monday, September 20, 2010

What happens when appliances rebel

Tyran came home from a friends house the other day with peppers and tomatillos and took it into his head that he was going to make some green salsa.

So he put those veggies into a glass baking pan and proceeded to roast them in the oven.

The oven and the glass dish had different plans.

You see we don't get all fancy-schmancy up in this house when it comes to cooking. So I think it threw them both for a loop.

This is what happens when the oven decides to rebel against putting hot peppers and tomatillos into it's hot belly....

Thankfully no one was injured. Although some of the pieces of hot glass melted to my linoleum and left little brown spots. They are nice addition to the two lovely holes that are in the middle of the floor.

On the upside my oven is now clean and happy (with the exception of a blown out light bulb) inside and out....and under. And the fridge is also sitting on a lovely piece of clean linoleum as well.

Now that I think about it maybe the oven wasn't rebelling against the food so much as it might have been a cry for help. Maybe it was feeling neglected and in need of a good scrub down....

Nah. It had to be the new and alien foods that were being introduced to it.

12 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

Way to look for the silver lining!

Kristina P. said...

My eyes just bugged out of their head! That's crazy!

The Goff Family said...

You always make me giggle! Unfortunate mess, but what a clean consequence.

Jessica G. said...

DUDE. I feel your pain. I might have to blog about my exploding-pan-in-oven story, now.

mCat said...

The oven's cry for help! LOL

I hope it wasn't one of your favorite glass dishes!

AS Amber said...

Harley is constantly putting things in the oven! Including himself. But I usually check before I heat it up to make sure he hasn't put any treasures in there for me. Last night I forgot to check and heated it up for dinner.

The smell of burning plastic is unmistakable. Sure enough, his Cars cel phone was in there.

I didn't clean my oven, though. Yours looks GREAT!!! Ok, this might just have to be my blog post for today. But I assure you, I posted it here, first!

Vanessa said...

Look at that clean oven though! You know you wanted to clean it, right?

Missy said...

That is very scary!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is the worst thing I've ever seen!!! YIKES! Well, you sure made that baby shine after, what a mess!

Madalyn said...

Wow, that's a good clean oven!

tiburon said...

Way to whip that oven into submission!

Teachinfourth said...

I wish the oven-cleaning fairies would come and visit my house...