Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Fall Equinox!!

A friend of mine made mention of the fact that on the equinox you can balance and egg on it's end.

Of course I then had to go directly to the fridge, take out and egg and proceed to give it a try. I tried two different eggs. The first one was really round and difficult to work with plus I was worried that people would think it looked too much like a ball in the picture. What few pictures I got of it because it wouldn't stay balanced.

So back to the fridge I went for one that was more oval, egg shaped if you will. And what do you know? That sucker balanced like on the third try and stayed up for a very long time so I could get it's best side.

Photographic evidence that it does work. The first egg is in three shots on the right you can see me trying to get my hand out of the shot in the first two. The big one is the second egg.

Now I expect you to go to your fridge and give this a try and let me know if it worked for you.

Go!

Shoo!

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That is so cool! I don't think we have any eggs. Just cheese and Diet Coke. All we need.

Barbaloot said...

I'm with Kristina---no eggs. Bread, apples, cheese and yogurt. Looks cool though:)

Gerb said...

Well, I tried it with 7 and then got tired of trying. I think you've just got amazing egg-balancing skills. I am now going to reward myself for trying with a Peanut Butter Twix that I forgot I had hidden behind the eggs. Thank you!!

Scaliwag said...

WE DID IT! me and my mom ahhaha its CRAZY

mCat said...

I think this will be my dinner time trick! How cool is that?

Emmy said...

Only if I cheated and put it in the grooves of my tile counter. I could have photo shopped them out :)

tiburon said...

That is so cool! I wish I had seen it to the other day so I could try it!